GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"French"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/10/04 at 17:35
Regular
"0228"
Tomorrow I have to complete my first piece of French GCSE coursework. Can't say I'm looking forward to it but it has to be done. Unfortunately for me though, I'm still in year 10 but a few of us have been put in an advanced class and we're lucky enough to do it well before everyone else and, because I'm in a grammar school, I'm expected to end up with at least an A. Can't use a dictionary in it either! Woe is me.
Wed 06/10/04 at 17:13
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Government ruining everything here...

Bit rich?
Wed 06/10/04 at 17:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cyclone wrote:
> U dnt deserve t b in dis contry!

Put the Daily Mail down and slowly step away from it Cyclone :-D

> Just a question - why do you not like it here? (No bias or owt, just
> asking)

There isn't one stand out reason for it it's just a number of things. Government ruining everything here with stupid nanny state rules, the fact nothing is ever done on time and everything seems to be run by the Chuckle Brothers, the sheer cynical, defensive, insular and rude nature of the people (not saying that's typical for all english people before anyone gets all angry, just my experiences here in W-ton and the god awful 4 hours i spent in London) and of coure the big one - being so close to France :-D

it's just a mixture of small things all adding up. The Japanese culture appeals far more to me and i'm always going to have a special place in my heart for America, even with Bush doing his best to ruin it
Wed 06/10/04 at 17:04
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> If you're gonna do languages, do them from primary school.

I've always thought that too. I could probably get straight A's in my GCSE's if it wasn't for French. As it is, I'm having to put an extra half hour every day into getting my French skills up to scratch.
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:57
Regular
"gsybe you!"
U dnt deserve t b in dis contry!

Just a question - why do you not like it here? (No bias or owt, just asking)
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:57
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well i made a vow never to be the guy in the corner of the pub that keeps telling anyone who'll listen

*i could have done this in my day*

That combined with my determination to leave England kind of made the decisions for me.
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:55
You've already done tons of stuff that others won't have in a lifetime. Good on you.
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
America will always be my spiritual home as no offence to anyone here but i really cannot stand England. I just enjoyed life far more in North America then i do here
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:45
Where would you say is your true home (and don't say "where I'm living now")?

I'm so good at making typos in a simple sentence.
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You half breed!!!11!!
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ooooh life story moment coming up me thinks *deep breath*

Dad was American, knocks my mom (who's english) up and then leaves her 2 weeks before i was born.
Born in Manchester
Move to Wolverhampton when i'm 3
Move to Seattle when i'm 8 with Mom
Move to New York when i'm 10
Move back to England when i turn 12
Stay in England until 18
Go to Canada for 4 months this year
And next year i'm moving to Osaka, Japan to go to Uni there

*breathes again* phew

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.