GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo has 1 Big Thing Missing..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/10/04 at 00:48
Regular
"Football is #1"
X-box and PS2 have online play, Gamecube needs it. Lan-mode could have been a way for Gamecube to have this. Mario Kart Double Dash would be quite fun online, and the new Starfox Armada game would be enjoyable.
So Gamecube needs online play; Nintendo could make more money. Being able to play DVD's would even help.
Sun 03/10/04 at 03:10
I'm bored of Live already.
Sun 03/10/04 at 03:07
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
>
> Especially considering Nintendo has a small fan base and the largest
> aspect of it are children and Children don't tend to play online
> gaming.

What age range are we talking about?

There's loads of squeaky people playing live. :D
Sun 03/10/04 at 03:05
Regular
"8==="
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> 1 million is a pathetic figure. That's not even 10% of Xbox owners.

You make no sense.
Sat 02/10/04 at 19:45
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Dringo wrote:

> It's all large chunks out of Nintendo's income.

Not as large as the loss would be actually going online.

Especially considering Nintendo has a small fan base and the largest aspect of it are children and Children don't tend to play online gaming.
Sat 02/10/04 at 18:29
Regular
I have my PC for online play if you can afford that then there's no point in paying to play online with your console, though of course it would be class to play Mario Kart online.
Sat 02/10/04 at 18:05
Regular
1 million is a pathetic figure. That's not even 10% of Xbox owners.

You can certainly see why Nintendo don't want to bother this time around. No doubt that in the next generation a far higher percentage of owners will subcribe to console online services, but for this generation it's hardly an enormous money spinner. Still, someone had to go first.
Sat 02/10/04 at 15:28
Regular
"8==="
Rickoss wrote:
> Hedfix, you like online play way too much. When was the last
> time you sat down and enjoyed a good, old fashioned 1-player game?
> :-)

Offline, single player:

Today 11 hours on The Thing which is amazing

Before that Blood Omen 2, same day

Day before: Blood Omen and Enclave

and the day before that I finished Thief 3

Online:

Yesterday I had a small go on XIII, MTX Motocross, CS and SC:PT

and the day before me and Vex went on RTCW and Rainbow Six 3.
Sat 02/10/04 at 15:25
Regular
Hedfix, you like online play way too much. When was the last time you sat down and enjoyed a good, old fashioned 1-player game? :-)

Although, truth be told, if I had Live my Cube wouldn't have seen the light of day this year until Animal Crossing was released. Now I have PM2, Metroid Prime 2, Halo 2, Pikmin 2 Fable, TOS and loads more to look forward to. Yay for 1-player. :-D
Sat 02/10/04 at 15:14
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> O... kay.

Meh, you know what I meant.

Friends + online gaming in the same room.

I've been up for 22 hours now. :S
Sat 02/10/04 at 15:13
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Live killed my GC.
>
> But online isn't actually that popular in console gaming.

1 million on Xbox live apparently. At 40 quid etc per pack that a fair bit of moolah and that's before the games sell more off the back of purely being online enabled.

>
> From our standpoint online is great, but from the companies
> themselves it is risky and could lose vasts amount of money.

Even more if they have no online policy and people drop their console because another console does.

My friend who bought my cube in April is already considering purchasing an xbox mainly due to Live.

It's all large chunks out of Nintendo's income.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.