GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shark Tale (Dreamworks new CGI Movie) Possibly a big flop"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/10/04 at 23:51
Regular
Fancy 3D graphics and lots of big well paid stars doesn't gurantee Dreamworks a winner. Their latest CGI movie is Shark Tale, yes another under water film. I know people say not to compare it with Finding Nemo (like the whole Antz/A Bug's Life thing) but it's hard not to. Starring Will Smith, Robert De Niro, Renée Zellweger, Jack Black, Angelina Jolie and Martin Scorsese to name a few, Dreamworks were probably pinning their hopes for yet another big winner like Shrek and Shrek 2, unfortunately not this time.

You can see trailers for it here [URL]http://www.sharktale.com/[/URL]

It currently has 4.8/10 on the Internet Moview Database, making it the worst 3D movie ever made by Pixar and Dreamworks (the lowest of which I think is Antz at 7.0/10) Okay there's only 100 odd votes but still :)

Rotten Tomatoes has Shark Tales at 33/100% with 88 critic reviews from newspapers/sites/etc with a current rating of 5.1/10 which I suppose isn't too bad, about average. You can read a lot of the reviews on the site [URL]http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/shark_tale/[/URL]

Speaking for myself, I haven't seen the movie yet, I wasn't impressed by the trailers. I'll give the movie a try, won't see it at the cinema and I'm not sure many will. Dreamworks have a lot to learn. The Pixar philosophy as mentioned by John Lasseter is that "THE STORY IS KING" and it seems the lack of a decent one has cost Dreamworks a winner.

I was hoping to find a good review I saw that pretty much said everything about the movie. I'm still looking for it now, I'll post it later.
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:47
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I really can't say that I'm fond of the human-esque look to the fish.
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:45
Regular
The Incredibles does look pretty good, but I tend to take CG movies with a pinch of salt these days, as they're always being churned out with the same lame-ass storyline and some of them tend to be crap/overrated.

Toy Story is still the best, in my opinion.
Sat 02/10/04 at 11:10
Regular
The Incredibles looks awesome though.

And I thought Disney made Finding Nemo.
And Dreamwoprks was a Universal Studio.
Sat 02/10/04 at 10:54
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
The trailers don't interest me at all which isn't a good sign. I think I'll see it and give it a chance but I'm not expecting much.
Sat 02/10/04 at 10:51
Regular
Just looks like a carbon copy of the incredibly overrated Finding Nemo. Nice cast, though.
Sat 02/10/04 at 09:39
Regular
"\\"
darkcrystal wrote:
> Finding Nemo looked pants, so this is even worse.

But you havn't seen finding nemo have you?

FN was class :-D

This looks poo though.
Sat 02/10/04 at 00:50
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i'm pretty sure Pixar had nothing to do with "Sharks Tale" as they were making "Finding Nemo" and "the incredibles" at the time.
infact i'm certain this is just the Dreamworks "reply" to Nemo, the same as Bugz/Ants Life were.
Sat 02/10/04 at 00:36
Regular
"8==="
Could be a lot of red faces at Dreamworks.

This is the movie to celebrate their 10th anniversary, and I believe one of the top guys is really out to rub Disney's nose in it as he used to work for them.
Sat 02/10/04 at 00:08
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
Finding Nemo looked pants, so this is even worse.
Fri 01/10/04 at 23:51
Regular
Fancy 3D graphics and lots of big well paid stars doesn't gurantee Dreamworks a winner. Their latest CGI movie is Shark Tale, yes another under water film. I know people say not to compare it with Finding Nemo (like the whole Antz/A Bug's Life thing) but it's hard not to. Starring Will Smith, Robert De Niro, Renée Zellweger, Jack Black, Angelina Jolie and Martin Scorsese to name a few, Dreamworks were probably pinning their hopes for yet another big winner like Shrek and Shrek 2, unfortunately not this time.

You can see trailers for it here [URL]http://www.sharktale.com/[/URL]

It currently has 4.8/10 on the Internet Moview Database, making it the worst 3D movie ever made by Pixar and Dreamworks (the lowest of which I think is Antz at 7.0/10) Okay there's only 100 odd votes but still :)

Rotten Tomatoes has Shark Tales at 33/100% with 88 critic reviews from newspapers/sites/etc with a current rating of 5.1/10 which I suppose isn't too bad, about average. You can read a lot of the reviews on the site [URL]http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/shark_tale/[/URL]

Speaking for myself, I haven't seen the movie yet, I wasn't impressed by the trailers. I'll give the movie a try, won't see it at the cinema and I'm not sure many will. Dreamworks have a lot to learn. The Pixar philosophy as mentioned by John Lasseter is that "THE STORY IS KING" and it seems the lack of a decent one has cost Dreamworks a winner.

I was hoping to find a good review I saw that pretty much said everything about the movie. I'm still looking for it now, I'll post it later.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.