GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shark Tale (Dreamworks new CGI Movie) Possibly a big flop"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/10/04 at 23:51
Regular
Fancy 3D graphics and lots of big well paid stars doesn't gurantee Dreamworks a winner. Their latest CGI movie is Shark Tale, yes another under water film. I know people say not to compare it with Finding Nemo (like the whole Antz/A Bug's Life thing) but it's hard not to. Starring Will Smith, Robert De Niro, Renée Zellweger, Jack Black, Angelina Jolie and Martin Scorsese to name a few, Dreamworks were probably pinning their hopes for yet another big winner like Shrek and Shrek 2, unfortunately not this time.

You can see trailers for it here [URL]http://www.sharktale.com/[/URL]

It currently has 4.8/10 on the Internet Moview Database, making it the worst 3D movie ever made by Pixar and Dreamworks (the lowest of which I think is Antz at 7.0/10) Okay there's only 100 odd votes but still :)

Rotten Tomatoes has Shark Tales at 33/100% with 88 critic reviews from newspapers/sites/etc with a current rating of 5.1/10 which I suppose isn't too bad, about average. You can read a lot of the reviews on the site [URL]http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/shark_tale/[/URL]

Speaking for myself, I haven't seen the movie yet, I wasn't impressed by the trailers. I'll give the movie a try, won't see it at the cinema and I'm not sure many will. Dreamworks have a lot to learn. The Pixar philosophy as mentioned by John Lasseter is that "THE STORY IS KING" and it seems the lack of a decent one has cost Dreamworks a winner.

I was hoping to find a good review I saw that pretty much said everything about the movie. I'm still looking for it now, I'll post it later.
Sat 02/10/04 at 22:20
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Haven't seen it, but it'll be a clone of Finding Nemo becasue it was successful.
It'll flop like a 80 year old man's penis.
Sat 02/10/04 at 21:19
"period drama"
It does look terrible. I dunno what it is ... but you can tell.
Just look at anything - a still screen of it even - and you can tell.

ugh
Sat 02/10/04 at 15:02
Regular
A Sharks Tale looks horrible it really does. The all star cast made me take note for a second, especially with the legend that he is Jack Black.

But it looks awful, truly truly awful. The animation also looks dodgy and as Tilt said the characters just look really freaky and slightly off putting.

I wouldn't be surprised if this flopped. Shame really.
Sat 02/10/04 at 14:25
Regular
Nah, Nemo was excellent.

This films style just looks really weird. Not all the characters but take one of the main fish for example, it looks like Nemo's body stuck on an eel.

Very weird.
Sat 02/10/04 at 14:22
Regular
Did you think the same thing of FN?
Sat 02/10/04 at 14:09
Regular
From the trailers I've seen i can't say the style of the characters appeals at all to me, they just look freaky and stupid.
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:54
Regular
"For One Night Only"
1/10 for "The Fellowship of the Ring"? More like 11/10.
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:52
Regular
Yeah I just read in a review, the whole movie is adult. It had adult themes and it has many references to adult films like The Godfather (how many young children have seen that?). In Finding Nemo children can relate to Little Nemo trying to escape the fish tank and get back to his dad but not Oscar (Will Smith's character) who has to try and pay off his debts and lie to be rich and famous. Oh and the romance thing.

On the Yahoo! site I'm seeing far too many people give the movie a A+ for everything. Some of these reviews are by people who havent even see the movie.

These rating systems suck. On IMDB a lot of people either vote 10/10 or 1/10 I mean come on 6,501 people gave The Fellowship of the Ring 1/10. No way does it deserve such a low rating.
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:37
Regular
It'll put bums on seats, nonetheless. I just don't see the point in putting DeNiro's voice in the this film - the kids aren't gonna know who the hell he is.
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:55
Regular
It just looks like a Finding Nemo esque film, trying to cash in on the fish-CGI theme.

Seems pretty rubbish to me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.