GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bad news for DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/01/05 at 09:21
Regular
The last thing Nintendo needed is the news that Rockstar are planning a GTA game for the PSP and that it will be released somewhere around the March US launch, let battle commence.
Tue 11/01/05 at 09:21
Regular
The last thing Nintendo needed is the news that Rockstar are planning a GTA game for the PSP and that it will be released somewhere around the March US launch, let battle commence.
Tue 11/01/05 at 09:28
Regular
Not exactly shocking news though, is it? Also, there's still the possibility of a DS release.

But the real question is - is it a big loss?

I doubt it.
Tue 11/01/05 at 09:33
Regular
Wehey! He's back!

Thought you'd left us! :-)

Anysway, there's things to talk about GTA, but first I need you to go to this thread - [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=117086&forumid=132[/URL] - something for you to REALLY get your teeth on.

It's the ultimate on PSP nitpicking...
Anysway, a lot of it is anti-Sony waffle so you'll probably get a kick out of it, but there are a couple of things on there that you might find us getting back to! ;-)
Tue 11/01/05 at 09:36
Regular
You only have to look at the worldwide sales of GTA and the figures speak for themselves one of the reasons PS2 has been in short supply is the 50% increase in hardware demand because of GTA, if this series can do that for PS2 then there is no reason why you can't expect the same for the PSP.
Tue 11/01/05 at 11:25
Regular
The DS will die a horrible death due to this.

I really do agree with you Top Score, GTA on the PSP will be the defining moment for the console, it'd be great play it and then drive around in cars such as, a lexus.

Horrible death to the DS.

Tue 11/01/05 at 11:42
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I have my doubts about how good a GTA game could be on a handheld. It's not the type of game I could ever really imagine playing on such a small screen, especially as I've played it through before. The PSPs allegedly poor battery life won't help either.

Though at the end of the day I guess it doesn't matter how good or bad it is, the all the mongtards will still shuffle out and purchase it anyway.
Tue 11/01/05 at 11:42
Regular
"Random by default"
Well all i know is Nintendo could add an extra 3 sales of the DS if i was going to get into the handheld world again. Sure to drop it down the loo by accident as i have done in the past...DAMN ADDICTING GAMES :-(
Tue 11/01/05 at 11:43
Regular
GTA was released on the GBA, so I see no reason for Rockstar not to release it on the DS as well, seeing as the platform is more stable than the PSP, has greater scope and is ultimately far, far better than the PSP.
Tue 11/01/05 at 11:45
Regular
Unless they change the format, GTA won't sell on a handheld.

Just you wait.
Tue 11/01/05 at 11:47
Regular
Aren't you guys listening to Top Score?

He's the guru of all game knowledge.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.