GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bad news for DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/01/05 at 09:21
Regular
The last thing Nintendo needed is the news that Rockstar are planning a GTA game for the PSP and that it will be released somewhere around the March US launch, let battle commence.
Wed 12/01/05 at 16:32
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Me and my mate at Sixth Form who have a DS mentioned bringing it in but never have. Just not done.

Came in very useful on the 2 hour train journey to London for a conference though. And during the conference itself. :) The PSP would have been dead during the opening lecture ^_^
Wed 12/01/05 at 16:22
Regular
I wouldn't imagine many people in sixth form will get a handheld at all.
Tue 11/01/05 at 21:47
Regular
"8==="
The last thing Sony need is to have to release a handheld before it's ready because they built up the hype too much.

Personally I'm gutted. Honest.
Tue 11/01/05 at 20:57
Regular
"-_-"
ok i doubt this will boost pps sales too mcuh i was talking to a few of my bros mates today in sixth from (no they arent nerds and it was in the midst of smacking me agenst a wall) but 5 of them have already decided on a DS. So unlike what you sed top score people int hat age group dont all want psp's...
Tue 11/01/05 at 19:38
Regular
if it is 3d, i'd imagine it would take many step backs from what we know of GTA today, no going in buildings, no multiple islands, no flying helicopters, an even shoddier targeting system.
On gamespot they have a bit about it.
[URL]http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/10/news_6116034.html[/URL]

see the bit where the guy says, "gives us an opportunity to create a new dimension for these already extraordinary series, but also allows us to begin to explore the full potential of the PSP handheld system"

new dimensions? different more basic gameplays? to match the lack of potential?
Tue 11/01/05 at 19:32
Regular
Oi! Top Score!

I've got something for you, biatch!

[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=117086&forumid=132¤tsort=desc[/URL]

You'll love it.
Sure, there's some genuine PSP problems in there for you to defend, but so much tosh for you to rubbish and ridicule.
Go for it!
Tue 11/01/05 at 17:02
Regular
Do you remember the original 3D attempt of GTA on the GBA which sadly just didn't work so they made a 2D one.

I'd expect to see those graphics updated and the game released.

I still think that handheld consoles are not for adults.
Tue 11/01/05 at 17:01
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Rickoss wrote:
> and is ultimately far, far better
> than the PSP.
>
> How do you know?

I don't, I simply said it to make Top Score spazzerize. :(
Tue 11/01/05 at 16:57
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If it's just a cut down version of GTA3 then what's the point? Why pay more moeny to pay an inferior version of a game that you've already bought. If the conversion is superior, then it's more justified, as you're paying again for a better product.

If it's an entirely new game, which it most likely won't be, then, again, that's good. But think about it, would you buy a Revolution if the only games on it were cut down versions of Zelda Wind Waker and Metroid Prime? No, you wouldn't. You might be more tempted if they were IMPROVED versions, along with other new games, but WORSE? No way!
Tue 11/01/05 at 16:55
Regular
I don't think a full GTA game would work at all on a handheld, they'd need to do something drastic to make it work on a handheld.

Making it 2D seems a decent option.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.