GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars changes - your opinions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/09/04 at 13:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
OK, I've watched the first two, and I'm watching ROTJ now, and I have to say that I haven't seen *too* many changes. The crappy, obviously computer-generated stuff is still there, but there are only one or two noticable "clean-ups". Still got Vader's eyebrows and that bloody knitwear model doing the ghost to come, but I'm quite surprised at what crappy 80's effects they've decided to leave in: what with Lucas insisting on raping our childhoods an' all.
Wed 29/09/04 at 15:17
Regular
"you've got a beard"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
> i didn't care about any of them.
> all the people who spent the last 3 years on the internet
> complaining
> about the differences have the option to not buy the new versions,
> so
> it's easily solved :)
>
> A GAD for that man!

i concur :)
Wed 29/09/04 at 14:52
Regular
Jar Jar is in this? Ugh..
Wed 29/09/04 at 12:43
"Darth Vader 3442321"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> the sagacious one wrote:
> What I didn't like so much was the CGI Taun-tauns. They just didn't
> move or look right.
>
> ----------
>
> I honestly can't tell if you're joking, so I'll just say there are no
> CGI taun-tauns.

I honestly thought that they were. Maybe I'm noticing how crap they look for the first time, now that everything is viewable in accute detail. The snow based scenes are so crisp and lovely to behold, it's hard not to take offence at anything that looks out of place.

The Taun-tauns in Battlefront are definitely CGI though.
Wed 29/09/04 at 12:29
Regular
"That's right!"
According to Lucas Greedo ALWAYS shot first, even in the originals. We were just too stupid to notice, so he fixed it... Yeah, sure.

But if I had his sort of money, I'd be a loon too.
Wed 29/09/04 at 12:17
Regular
Wasn't Han supposed to shoot first, or something like that? Apparently it's been changed, or something. Awfully bad show by Lucas. Never mind, eh, he only shoots one place later.
Wed 29/09/04 at 12:09
Regular
"That's right!"
the sagacious one wrote:
> What I didn't like so much was the CGI Taun-tauns. They just didn't
> move or look right.

----------

I honestly can't tell if you're joking, so I'll just say there are no CGI taun-tauns.

I didn't notice Naboo in ROTJ, but the new ghost looks crap. So crap even THEY must know it looks awful. If they're going to change stuff, at least make it look half decent. Instead we have Anakin appearing out of nowhere in a flash, then he looks stupid, looks at the camera, looks stupid, smiles some evil half ass attempt at a smile, then looks stupid again. Bah.
Wed 29/09/04 at 08:07
Regular
Greedo.
Tue 28/09/04 at 20:40
Regular
I've got as far as them recruiting Han Solo in A New Hope, just before he sits down with that alien thing to talk about the money Han owes Jabba.

Haven't noticed any changes since the video release so far.
Tue 28/09/04 at 18:27
Regular
Just about to start watching A New Hope, was bought for me because I'm a mentalist. Woo!
Tue 28/09/04 at 17:42
Regular
Very_Metal wrote:
> i didn't care about any of them.
> all the people who spent the last 3 years on the internet complaining
> about the differences have the option to not buy the new versions, so
> it's easily solved :)

A GAD for that man!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.