GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars changes - your opinions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/09/04 at 13:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
OK, I've watched the first two, and I'm watching ROTJ now, and I have to say that I haven't seen *too* many changes. The crappy, obviously computer-generated stuff is still there, but there are only one or two noticable "clean-ups". Still got Vader's eyebrows and that bloody knitwear model doing the ghost to come, but I'm quite surprised at what crappy 80's effects they've decided to leave in: what with Lucas insisting on raping our childhoods an' all.
Tue 05/10/04 at 00:44
Regular
"Milky Milky"
I've never been bothered by any of the changes that Lucas has made to the films...they're still cool so who cares?
Mon 04/10/04 at 19:31
Regular
"8==="
To be fair childish thing that it is if they added loads of cool 3D sections to 'em I'd get the trilogy.

3D is a very underused and amazing thing when done right.
Mon 04/10/04 at 19:29
Regular
"8==="
Mystique wrote:
> Greedo.

Yup Greed.

ooooh look some utter guff re-released with new shinier guff so guffmeister can have a bit more money.

joy.
Mon 04/10/04 at 19:27
Regular
"8==="
Fairy Tale in space I used to like when I was 6 years old vs Fairy Tale in space I used to like when I was 6 years old with a few changes.

BIG DEAL.
Mon 04/10/04 at 19:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
"I love you too"
Sun 03/10/04 at 23:44
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Edgy wrote:
> I've seen all of A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back and can't say I've
> noticed much difference, if any at all.

Same with me, they've robbed us!!
Sun 03/10/04 at 23:11
Regular
I've seen all of A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back and can't say I've noticed much difference, if any at all.
Thu 30/09/04 at 11:55
Regular
I'd say the new DVD's look as good as the original theatrical edition...

But I'd be lying, Star Wars has never looked this good.
Wed 29/09/04 at 16:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The computery bits still look blatantly stuck-in, no matter how special Lucas imagines his new editions are. The documentary on the bonus disc was quite good though.
Wed 29/09/04 at 16:46
Regular
The CGI Jabba when Han Solo steps on his tale seems a bit odd and non-interactive with the environment...including the floor.

As for Jabba's voice, it sounds too crisp and clear compared to the old recordings.

The first change I've noticed...if only because it is on DVD and not tape.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.