GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars changes - your opinions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/09/04 at 13:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
OK, I've watched the first two, and I'm watching ROTJ now, and I have to say that I haven't seen *too* many changes. The crappy, obviously computer-generated stuff is still there, but there are only one or two noticable "clean-ups". Still got Vader's eyebrows and that bloody knitwear model doing the ghost to come, but I'm quite surprised at what crappy 80's effects they've decided to leave in: what with Lucas insisting on raping our childhoods an' all.
Tue 28/09/04 at 13:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
OK, I've watched the first two, and I'm watching ROTJ now, and I have to say that I haven't seen *too* many changes. The crappy, obviously computer-generated stuff is still there, but there are only one or two noticable "clean-ups". Still got Vader's eyebrows and that bloody knitwear model doing the ghost to come, but I'm quite surprised at what crappy 80's effects they've decided to leave in: what with Lucas insisting on raping our childhoods an' all.
Tue 28/09/04 at 14:47
Regular
"lets go back"
I was never a huge star wars fan anyway so I wouldnt notice the changes. In a way its a good idea, if it helps the films to fit in with episode 1-3. There are loads of films that could do with this kind of treatment. Its a lot better than having a remake with Sly Stalone as Luke and Brad Pitt as the Princess.
Tue 28/09/04 at 15:26
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i didn't care about any of them.
all the people who spent the last 3 years on the internet complaining about the differences have the option to not buy the new versions, so it's easily solved :)
Tue 28/09/04 at 15:53
Regular
It's okay for people to voice their opinions on the internet, I dont like it when people say fans shouldnt moan. It's their right to voice their opinion and I haven't seen anyone moan, except a review or two, it's generally "I like some of the changes but I didnt see the point of him changing this and that". Of course they will still end up buying it because they love the films. It would be stupid to say "if you don't like the changes then don't buy them" because they'll have/want to anyway.

Like I said above, I like some of the changes but don't like some others. I'll still end up getting the DVDs.

Also I think a lot of the main changes are in the last film so I'm sure monkey man will have more to say when he's finished watching it.
Tue 28/09/04 at 16:09
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
I agree with most of the changes.

The computer bits he has cleaned up (especially the sand parts) look better, but not perfect

Don't like Boba Fetts New voice (although it makes sense)

In empire, the section of speech that has changed now makes more sense (even though Vader says something about Skywalker beforehand - there are two explainations to this, either he didn't know that Luke was his son (his spies just found a name) or he hid it from the Emperor, as Vader wished to rule with luke and kill the emperor).

Lightsabers look better.

In ROTJ, the Naboo bit at the end makes sense (although he has polluted the whole film by blatently giving Jar Jar a line)

The 'knitwear' model I hate. Why would he chose that form? Luke only knows him as what he was when he removed the mask. There are so many reasons to have let this be.
Tue 28/09/04 at 17:05
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I was pleased to see the "proper" Emperor in Empire, rather than a woman with chimp eyes. The rest of the changes were minor (though I can't remember which were pre-special edition or not) and it didn't bother me seeing a different Anakin ghost.

I'm sure that there are even more weirdos hanging about in Jabba's palace and the clean up of the Rancour monster scene was tops.
Tue 28/09/04 at 17:21
Regular
Anyone know if there have been any regressions back to the originals from the video SE set?
Tue 28/09/04 at 17:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
the sagacious one wrote:
> I'm sure that there are even more weirdos hanging about in Jabba's
> palace and the clean up of the Rancour monster scene was tops.

Yeah, I was waiting for that bit, and they did good.
Tue 28/09/04 at 17:41
"Darth Vader 3442321"
What I didn't like so much was the CGI Taun-tauns. They just didn't move or look right.
Tue 28/09/04 at 17:42
Regular
Very_Metal wrote:
> i didn't care about any of them.
> all the people who spent the last 3 years on the internet complaining
> about the differences have the option to not buy the new versions, so
> it's easily solved :)

A GAD for that man!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.