GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has anyone noticed ????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/01/05 at 14:27
Regular
"..."
Has anyone noticed that MGS1 was supposed to take place this year ? Metal Gear 2:Solid Snake took place in 1999, if you haven't played it you can read "Previous Missions", and in MGS1 after the Ninja Boss fight Snake said that he fought Gray Fox on a minefield in Zanzibar 6 years ago, which means that MGS1 took place this year !!!
Thu 27/01/05 at 21:53
Regular
"..."
I am not. I know that there are countries where people know less information, but there is one difference: They are aware of it. Egyptinas think they are the kings of the world, they think that somehow they are "superior", or "smarter". They can not accept the fact that there are other countries where there are other people who may be smarter, or more developed in terms of art, literature, science, etc..
Once I was having an argument with some people, they kept saying that Egypt is the best country in the world. And I kept asking them: How ? In what way are we better than a european country, or the U.S ? They kept saying that The U.S sucks. I told them: Why ? They said that it just really sucks. And they insisted without giving any reasons at all. It seemed as if their minds were programmed that way.
Do you know that all Egyptian parents beat their children ? All of them, for the except for a few people that you get to see once every 10 years or so. Luckily for me my parents never beat me, but until now, I haven't met anyone in my school how doesn't get beaten up by his parents, even the really smart and polite students.
Besides, this is not my opinion alone. Every Egyptian that I know that has access to the internet thinks so too. You see, if it wasn't for the internet, we would be separated completely from the outer world. There aren't any other sources for information flowing, like in other normal countries. And once any Egyptian knows what's really out there, he starts to feel how stupid other Egyptians are.
Thu 27/01/05 at 18:42
homosh wrote:
> crap

Well of course people are going to be more aware of information that is more local to them. Par exemple, I can name all the counties in Wales... but those in England? Maybe a few before I get bored.

Anyway, why would anyone on a chat forum know a noble prize winner, unless it's their profession and their fields cross? And scienitsts aren't exactly famous the world over after a major accomplishment.

Compare with an actor; one great film is all they need, and they're famous for life. Scientists discover a major breakthrough? Slim chance, best is you get your name on something, and even then people aren't going to know who you are unless they're curious to why that building is called whatever, for instance.

To sum things up: don't be so narrow minded.
Thu 27/01/05 at 18:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
hey man I'm egyptian and i don't appreciate your comments.
Thu 27/01/05 at 18:26
Regular
"..."
Say what you want, Egyptians are still stupid. Do you know that my teacher -which is Egyptian - has once told me that people of this forum are ignorants ? My teacher was talking about an Egyptian scientist who won the noble prize, she kept saying that all Egyptians should be proud of such an accomplishment. So I told her that he isn't really that important, and only Egyptians have heard of him because he is an Egyptian scientist, and people in other countries never hear about him, because what he discovered wasn't really that important. She told me that it's not true and that people all over the world know about him. So I told her that I would prove it to her by asking people on a British chat forum about him, and we'll see if anybody knows about him. So, I posted a topic asking about him, and offcourse nobody recognised him. And when I told her, she said that people of this forum are ignorants because they didn't know him. The next day, I got from the internet names of people who won the noble prize more than once, and I asked my teacher if she knew any of them , but she didn't. I didn't want to tell her that they won the noble prize at all because I didn't want to embarrase her, I just wanted to prove to myself that she's the real ignorant. Oh and in case anybody thinks that this Egyptian scientist is an exception, well he isn't. He is an Egyptian all right, but he spent his life and made all of his researches in U.S.A.
Thu 27/01/05 at 00:27
Regular
"give up giving up"
homosh wrote:
> Well, it's not just about consoles. I was just giving an example. In
> addition to being ignorants, they have other bad traits. They think
> they are the best people in the world, and for nothing. Once, there
> was an Egyptian who had posted a topic on special reserve in which he
> described himself whilst trying to insult his fellow Egyptians. Unwittingly

> falling flat on his face in camel Sh*t. And his name was .homosh.
Wed 26/01/05 at 20:52
Regular
"8==="
I pity the fool who doesn't hand out their spare jewellery to poor needy chavs sucka!
Wed 26/01/05 at 20:50
Regular
"..."
homosh wrote:
> What does "Looks I made a graph out of some para's." mean ?
Wed 26/01/05 at 19:18
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
lcarus wrote:
> Hedfix is a meanie!

Not true i spied him the other day, during my usual stalking sessions, handing out second hand jewellery to poor chavs.

He's actually a nice guy he just tries to hide it with his venomous remarks about America and biting the heads off little rabbits.
Wed 26/01/05 at 15:32
Regular
"..."
What does "Looks I made a graph out of some para's." mean ?
Wed 26/01/05 at 09:27
Hedfix is a meanie!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.