GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Holy crap, I'm on the fricking internet!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/09/04 at 18:38
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
And I'm at Uni! Hooray!

It only took a few days, but I've got my sweet little 100MBps connection up and running in my poncy little Docklands river view flat.

For those of you who care, the flat is awesome, the rooms are bigger than I expected, the showers are better than the one I use at home, the girls are tasty, the beer is cheap, the view out the window is wicked, the people are fantastic and the courses look interesting, enjoyable, and most importantly, a big stinky slice of p**s.

I'm off now, we've got a 2 hour lecture on fire safety and then I'm going to make Chicken Tikka Masala and get drunk!

Smell you later, dweebs!
Sat 25/09/04 at 19:43
Regular
"Braaains"
Internet = serious business.
Thu 23/09/04 at 22:33
Regular
"Excommunicated"
As tempting as that sounds I'm planning on moving into Glasgow for my 3rd and at the least 4th year.

Only decent thing about home is that I'm loaded, but 2-3 hours travelling sucks.
Thu 23/09/04 at 22:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im in the same boat.

Perhaps we could meet halfway and lay each other?
Thu 23/09/04 at 22:26
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well, I'm fed of people classing me with all those Snuggly types having fun.

I need to commute and work and live with parents... it is not fun. And I'll never, ever get laid in my inbred town.
Thu 23/09/04 at 22:25
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I really wish I was a proper student.
>
> *cries*

Living at home doesnt make you any less of a student sheepy.
Thu 23/09/04 at 22:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I really wish I was a proper student.

*cries*
Thu 23/09/04 at 22:19
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
monkey_man wrote:
> Mr Snuggly wrote:
> and others photos
>
> Sounds like a flaming in the making. So how's it going, Nathan
> Barley

I've already hooked up with three senior directors at a swish London sushi bar to shoot the breeze over a screenplay of mine about a hip Shoreditch entrepeneur who gets in over his head when a drug deal goes awry, plus I've networked with several web designers about the completion of a new Shockwave-based online collection of Hirst-influenced art projects, all of which are astoundingly pointless and painfully kitsch.

Actually, in all seriousness, everyone's gone to bed, and I'm sitting here on the internet with a pint in my hand, contemplating watching Empire Strikes Back. But tonight's a quiet night, I'm not a loser or anything.

> got your end away yet?

Yeah, because this is where I'll choose to divulge information about my physical endeavours, on a chat forum populated by people who can count the number of pubes they have on one hand. Which obviously means no, I haven't, but I don't care because I'm loving every second so far. Get on MSN some time tomorrow dude, I'm coming back on Saturday morning for a few bits, might see you then.

Right then, Empire.
Thu 23/09/04 at 15:33
Regular
Fozz, I have a mate at Bath Uni, when I visited him last year we we're downloading at about 2MBps, but I expect that was limited by the remote server. However, he said they blocked out all P2P, streaming and IRC connections at around easter, so don't expect to be downloading much.
Thu 23/09/04 at 13:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> and others photos

Sounds like a flaming in the making. So how's it going, Nathan Barley, got your end away yet?
Thu 23/09/04 at 13:36
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
monkey_man wrote:
> Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!
>
> Excellent, have you tried Xbox live yet? If it works I'll get the
> Beast to go halves with me on it, and we can still have our Monday
> night sessions! Upload some pictures of your digs too, and those one
> from your surprise party. Sorry I didn't reply to your texts - no
> money on phone, and it's been off for...reasons. Not been on MSN
> either, for similar...reasons.
>
> Sounds great though, when can we come visit?

Xbox Live wasn't one of the first things on my list to check, funnily enough (not even sure if my account is still active). Can't upload anything at the moment until I've sorted out Freeola settings (and the Uni get in gear) so no photos for now, unless you get on MSN and I'll send you a few.

I'll stick the party photos, campus photos and others photos online when I can.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.