GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"eBay question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/09/04 at 18:35
"Majestic"
Hiya,

I want to sell some things on eBay, so I've mad a seller account, and I've made a paypal one too. My only question before I start selling is simple; When somebody wins the item, does their address get forwarded to me automatically? What happens after somebody has won my item?

Thanks a lot.
Wed 22/09/04 at 19:22
Regular
"Freeola Support"
[URL]http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=400028&mediaId=500201[/URL] <- Link to the prices, look half way down the page in the centre.
Wed 22/09/04 at 20:01
"Majestic"
Thanks a lot.
[URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8133878056[/URL]
Get Bidding!
Wed 22/09/04 at 20:53
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Can I bid 2p?
Wed 22/09/04 at 20:56
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
A hint, only set 3 day auctions, 7 days are pointless and a waste of time and patience.
Wed 22/09/04 at 21:35
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I don't mean to jump in on your topic, but could I ask anybody who uses eBay with PayPal if you are able to use the Personal PayPal account to receive payment, or does this require an upgrade to a business account??

PayPal haven't been very clear in their replies. Whenever I've pay for an item, I pay with a Credit Card, but it goes through my PayPal account (takes the money and adds it to my credit, then pays the seller), so I'm curious as to weather this is classed as a credit card or PayPal payment

Thanks.
Wed 22/09/04 at 21:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
No you need a premier account to accept payments.
Wed 22/09/04 at 21:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
"Daily Mail Beware! This Game is for 18's only!"

Ah ha!
Mon 27/09/04 at 15:13
"Was the man of marz"
Disco Dexy, a tip. I've heard you can use html web pages in your advert page, so if you make one offline (say in word or another program), and then upload it it should make your product more appealing. The point of this: I read somewhere that your more likely to get bids on your item if you make your ad page colourful etc. One question (as I don't know much about ebay), why did one person out bid themselves again and again? One other thing, don't you have to pay extra to insert more than one image?
Mon 27/09/04 at 15:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Marzman wrote:
> One other thing, don't you have to
> pay extra to insert more than one image?

Yes, but only if Ebay are the hosts.
Mon 27/09/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Marzman wrote:
> why did one person out bid themselves again and again?

Most likely because the person who had previously bid had put a relatively high maximum bid.
For example, someone may have bid 120 quid at the beginning, then this person who repetitively bidded may have started at 90, been told that they'd been outbidded, then tried 95, and so on. I think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.