GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"REAL Legendary Guitarists - Whatdyathink?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/09/04 at 18:18
Regular
Personally, I would go Hendrix, all the way!
What about you guys?
Tue 21/09/04 at 20:00
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Listening to Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society right now: "Damage is Done"...

C'est Magnifique.
Tue 21/09/04 at 20:18
"possibly impossible"
Clapton
Tue 21/09/04 at 20:24
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Busted.
Tue 21/09/04 at 20:29
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Some, well, most of the ones already mentioned plus Dave Mustaine.
Tue 21/09/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
gaybys wrote:
> I vote for...Jimmy Page

I'm stunned.
Tue 21/09/04 at 22:50
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Wes Borland.
Wed 22/09/04 at 01:27
"I love yo... lamp."
I'm not a big Hendrix fan either. OK, so he was probably better than I am, but if I can play some of his stuff, not that much better. He was revolutionary at the time, but Eddie Van Halen was a revolution after that, and Steve Vai again after that.

My top five:
Steve Vai
Richie Sambora
Slash
Eddie Van Halen
Joe Satriani

Although that still neglects people such as Paul Gilbert, Vinnie Moore, Dave Mustaine, Jason Becker, Kirk Hammett, Jimmy Page, Darren Housholder, Angus Young and Dave Grohl.

Dave Grohl?! Well, whilst he might be nothing more than a powerchord masher, he still writes great rock songs. They might be simple, but they are effective. He's a rock great, even if it isn't for his guitar skills. And he really isn't that bad either. Great rythm.
Wed 22/09/04 at 11:12
Regular
"lets go back"
I like Dave Grohl too. It really doesnt matter that he cant play 20 notes a second or whatever, he still makes good music.

Have you heard his cover of stairway to heaven? pure genious
Wed 22/09/04 at 12:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
What about John Frusciante?

The excentric young guitarist who burst life back into the broken Red Hot Chili Peppers, before later (almost!) reaching the grave himself; then born again, with an even greater desire to fulfill his dreams.

Greatly influenced by Jimi Hendrix, during his youth.

---

Okay, so perhaps he's not 'yet' up to being on quite the same scale as some of the others mentioned in this thread, but, as long as he keeps his love for life (this time!), and he keeps on creating, he will always come close.
Wed 22/09/04 at 12:36
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Jimi Hendrix would also be top of my list.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.