GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console Wars - who is the best? next gen style"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/01/05 at 20:10
Regular
"Underbean"
so what will be best? PS3 XBOX REVOLOUTION DS or PSP?
Tue 18/01/05 at 14:38
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I'm the only one I know that would be interested in a multiplayer RPG so it's pretty pointless. And I've listed my dislikes about FF:CC many times before (lack of decent story and memorable characters, poor music, dull magic system, the fact you can't properly explore towns -edit: as in going inside houses). I love RPGs but didn't get along with this.
Tue 18/01/05 at 14:08
Regular
Tphi wrote:
> Crystal Chronicles? The only thing I really liked about it was the
> extremely nice graphics.. I won't be getting it on DS unless it's
> significantly changed for the better.

Crystal Chronicles has a really good level of depth in multiplayer.

Play the game with friends and the game is REALLY good and I mean REALLY good.

So I am awaiting that with great anticipation.
Tue 18/01/05 at 14:03
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Crystal Chronicles? The only thing I really liked about it was the extremely nice graphics.. I won't be getting it on DS unless it's significantly changed for the better.
Mon 17/01/05 at 23:54
Regular
Pokemon, Crystal Chronicles, Four Swords and the new Mario Brothers game looks like 4 really good reasons to own the DS. And I mean Uber-reasons.

None of them are even on the release schedule yet.
Mon 17/01/05 at 23:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> I'm sure the DS'll be great though.

Wario Ware will surely be brilliant, the full version of Metroid Hunters can be awesome (a full Metroid but with PC FPS-style controls on a handheld) and I can't wait to try out the DS incarnations of Mario Kart and the new proper Pokémon games for the DS.
Mon 17/01/05 at 23:12
Regular
Tphi wrote:
> Very true. It's in development now, supposedly.

The hardware is probably in place and Nintendo are probably trying a few experiments and battery tips. I imagine the GBA2 is just gonna get improved and added too for the next few years and development kits made.

The DS almost gives Nintendo a nice breather to really create a fantastic handheld with a great set of titles.

I'm sure the DS'll be great though.
Mon 17/01/05 at 23:10
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Very true. It's in development now, supposedly.
Mon 17/01/05 at 22:57
Regular
Macintosh wrote:

> But in the long run, Sony will eat into Nintendo's handheld market
> share, as they did in the home market, eventually pushing Nintendo
> into 2nd position.

Sorta right, the PSP will eat some potential gamers although is more likely to introduce "new ones" which is what the DS is doing.

You say after a few years the PSP will win the numbers game. If the PSP even begins to take any form of control on the market Nintendo will release the next Gameboy.

The DS is Nintendo's entry fighter, unlike the PSP Nintendo have a plan B. If the DS doesn't take the world by storm (and at the moment it certainly is) then all Nintendo have to do is hit the nuke switch and release the GBA2.

And Sony'll have to start ALL over again.
Mon 17/01/05 at 20:27
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Macintosh wrote:
> But in the long run, Sony will eat into Nintendo's handheld market
> share, as they did in the home market, eventually pushing Nintendo
> into 2nd position.

N64 vs. PS1 and DS vs. PSP are different things. Did the PS1 have the problems the PSP has now?
Mon 17/01/05 at 16:31
Regular
"and PC user"
Tphi wrote:
> Macintosh wrote:
> Well I dont see why we should expect a handheld to compare with a
> home
> console. So there will be 2 systems at least which will be current.
> But the question is, which 2? I would have to say PSP for handheld
> market, and PS3 for the home market.
>
> *Slaps himself* Well there is a big suprise..
>
> And for handhelds, I dont see DS or GBA-SP getting the chop
> overnight.
>
> You don't see the company holding over 90% of the handheld market
> getting the chop overnight.. Are You Sure?! o_O

But in the long run, Sony will eat into Nintendo's handheld market share, as they did in the home market, eventually pushing Nintendo into 2nd position.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.