GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""The year of the handheld""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/01/05 at 12:21
Regular
Yes, I know, there is about 50 posts on this forum with "wich do u fink iz betta? DS or PENISP?" as their topic.

I just found this article on the BBC news website which looks at both machines and anticipates their arrival.

Pretty interesting reading if you are bored.

Afterall, 2005 will be the year of the handheld....

....and I cannot wait

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/4175141.stm[/URL]
Sun 16/01/05 at 17:41
Regular
"Pwned"
Dringo wrote:
> It was a theory that the DS is technically the next Gameboy. But I
> really don't think it is.

Nintendo made it clear that the DS is not the next gameboy, the next gameboy will be the GBA 2(codename), which will link up to the revolution. (The DS will link up to the GC)
Sun 16/01/05 at 17:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
But what will the next GB be except a GBA with better graphics? Why will that be more successful?
Sun 16/01/05 at 17:03
Regular
GBA SP won't beat the DS and PSP, maybe the PSP but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The expect a new Gameboy early 2007.

It was a theory that the DS is technically the next Gameboy. But I really don't think it is.

If the DS does as well as Gameboy's normally do then the PSP and Gizmondo are dead and there will not need for a new GB for a while.

But I don't think the DS is good enough to destroy the competiton. Equal it, maybe a little better but not destroy it.
Sun 16/01/05 at 16:29
Regular
"bit of a brain"
No there is no Xbox Mini - he says Microsoft because they're supporting the Gizmondo. And I also think he's saying that the GBASP will beat the DS and the PSP because it's cheap and simple.
Sun 16/01/05 at 16:14
Regular
Dringo, I don't think that the next Gameboy is going to be out for a while, not until the PSP2 and "Xbox Mini" are on the way.
Wasn't it just on the sidelines incase the DS went belly up?
Sun 16/01/05 at 16:08
Regular
Hahaha, Gizmondo.

What a futile attempt.
Sun 16/01/05 at 15:32
Regular
Nintendo pretty much headlined what was essentially a terrible article.

The fact is Gizmondo, the DS and the PSP, a.k.a Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony can all establish themselves over the next 2 years.

But the next Gameboy will DESTROY them all.

So is the war pointless???

Pretty much.
Sun 16/01/05 at 13:14
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gerrid wrote:
> Woahw! An unbiased article about gaming from the BBC?! Where's Gibbon
> when you need him?

Is he still around? I thought Sony & Microsoft would have stopped paying him by now.

Anyways. The least biased article I've seen for a while from the BBC. Although it's always "Sony and Nintendo", with Ninty always coming last. They hate the DS really, you can see it in their sentence construction I tells ya :|
Sun 16/01/05 at 12:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Feel The Magic > most PC and home console games
Sun 16/01/05 at 12:50
Regular
I'm going to win this years handheld war.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.