GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""The year of the handheld""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/01/05 at 12:21
Regular
Yes, I know, there is about 50 posts on this forum with "wich do u fink iz betta? DS or PENISP?" as their topic.

I just found this article on the BBC news website which looks at both machines and anticipates their arrival.

Pretty interesting reading if you are bored.

Afterall, 2005 will be the year of the handheld....

....and I cannot wait

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/4175141.stm[/URL]
Mon 17/01/05 at 23:55
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> I almost gaurantee that Wario Ware Touched is the best handheld game
> you've ever played.

I'd imagine it'll be good going on Wario Ware 1, but I'll be after the GBA sequel first.

And anyway, I do want a game of a bit of substance on the DS. Perhaps... a final fantasy or a Zelda or a Pokemon...
Mon 17/01/05 at 23:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I almost gaurantee that Wario Ware Touched is the best handheld game you've ever played.
Mon 17/01/05 at 22:52
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Like Nintendo with their kiddy image, Dringo is attempting to shed the
> popular view of a man of stunted development sticking his weiner into
> Nintendo's ass.

Nintendo are the greatest games company in the world.

The DS is not all that, I didn't think it would be when it was unveiled at E3, I said it when it was released and you know what? I'm saying it now.

Just get over the fact I'm not always pro-Nintendo. I do think Nintendo are Gods and that I don't care if they make umpteenth mistakes as long as they make the superb games I'll be okay.

But the DS, that doesn't look superb at all. And from what I've played, pretty much isn't...

yet.

But as it features Nintendo games I would of course choose it over the PSP. Although it is likely I'll get neither.
Mon 17/01/05 at 22:49
Regular
"Catch it!"
What one you gona get?
Mon 17/01/05 at 22:19
Regular
Like Nintendo with their kiddy image, Dringo is attempting to shed the popular view of a man of stunted development sticking his weiner into Nintendo's ass.

Unfortunatly his success rate is also similar.
Mon 17/01/05 at 21:52
Regular
Strafio wrote:
> Who here could possibly want a DS and a GBA2?

Run discs, play more straightforward games rather than this "innovative" bo!!ocks, easier to hold, smaller... more of a "proper" handheld device.

The DS is an experiment, and right now doesn't warrent buying.
Mon 17/01/05 at 16:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Macintosh wrote:
> In any case, with DS being some margin better
> than GBA-SP, I cant see GBA-SP holding is position price wise and
> maybe market share wise til the next GBA is launched. GBA-SP has to
> go entry level, there's no other other option.

You don't say? :D
Mon 17/01/05 at 15:15
Regular
What are you on about?

The DS is obviously the replacement as it even plays GBA games, just like GBA played GBC games, and GBC played GBP and GBB games.
Nintendo probably didn't want to risk ruining the Gameboy brand with something too innoative incase it didn't take off.
That way, if the DS were to flop, then they would have the "Gameboy" to fall back on.

The SP will sell as the budget option, just like Playstations sold when the PS2 was released, Gameboy Pockets sold when the Gameboy Colour was released and the Gameboy Colours sold when the Gameboy Advance was released.
Mon 17/01/05 at 15:04
Regular
"and PC user"
So nobody really knows if DS is the replacement for GBA-SP in the long run. Whichever, I think Nintendo have made the "upgrade path" to complex. In any case, with DS being some margin better than GBA-SP, I cant see GBA-SP holding is position price wise and maybe market share wise til the next GBA is launched. GBA-SP has to go entry level, there's no other other option.
Mon 17/01/05 at 14:54
Regular
Who here could possibly want a DS and a GBA2?

I mean, what does the DS lack other than an analogue stick?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.