GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Question 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/09/04 at 20:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I had a dream I was waiting on my train in Central Station in Glasgow. Anyway, this guy chased after me shouting that he was going to kill me. He caught up with me and started slashing me with his knife. So I fought back or something and in the end killed him.

The dream ended with me getting sent to prison. What does the law actually say about self-defence. Surely, if you are completely innocent and it's a you or them situation it would be pretty unfair to send someone to jail for a few years under manslaughter just because they didn't want to die.
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I wouldn't fight back if it was something like my wallet/phone/car etc, there things are easily replaceable.

I was just wondering because it would be a crap situation to be in if you hadn't done anything.

Be killed or sent to prison for a few years.
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:30
Regular
I believe it's something called 'reasonable force'. I don't have much knowledge on this so I may be wrong.

Basically, if someone attacks you with a knife, and the closest thing to hand is an axe, you're entitled to use that to defend yourself.

Also, I think a human life is also placed above everything in law. I.E. you can defend your life, but not your home, property, dog, wallet. Not sure about that one though, need a law student here.
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I had a dream I was waiting on my train in Central Station in Glasgow. Anyway, this guy chased after me shouting that he was going to kill me. He caught up with me and started slashing me with his knife. So I fought back or something and in the end killed him.

The dream ended with me getting sent to prison. What does the law actually say about self-defence. Surely, if you are completely innocent and it's a you or them situation it would be pretty unfair to send someone to jail for a few years under manslaughter just because they didn't want to die.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.