GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Question 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/09/04 at 20:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I had a dream I was waiting on my train in Central Station in Glasgow. Anyway, this guy chased after me shouting that he was going to kill me. He caught up with me and started slashing me with his knife. So I fought back or something and in the end killed him.

The dream ended with me getting sent to prison. What does the law actually say about self-defence. Surely, if you are completely innocent and it's a you or them situation it would be pretty unfair to send someone to jail for a few years under manslaughter just because they didn't want to die.
Sat 18/09/04 at 23:22
Regular
"Better Than You"
What if there are no witnesses though? It's your word against what the police / judge / dury think.
Sat 18/09/04 at 23:15
Regular
Well, as long as you can prove that you were acting in self defence (ie. you need witnesses), and that you didn't go overboard (for example, if you grab a nearby metal pole, hit him on the head and knock him unconcious, if you then continued to beat him, then you would be charged with assault).

That's pretty much it. If you knocked him unconcious, you should then phone the police and try and keep a few witnesses around until the police come.

However, if you kill someone when they could easily have been subdued without death, ie, if they were attacking you with a baseball bat and didn't stab you, and you grabbed teh baseball bat, you should defend yourself via a bat to their gut rather than hitting their head to provide minimal damage, of course, if they then continued attacking, (and mind you need witnesses), you would be allowed to use greater force to subdue him.

I think that's it.
Sat 18/09/04 at 23:04
Regular
"Better Than You"
Isn't it classed as man slaughter. You normally recieve about 5 years for man slaughter, I'm not sure if self defence like that you'd get any thing, 'cause a woman who was being sexualy assaulted on a drama thing picked up a knife and killed the guy but she did not get sentenced to prison.
Sat 18/09/04 at 22:14
Regular
Both, naturally.
Sat 18/09/04 at 22:12
Regular
"SOUP!"
Being in the Bill or writing rough sketches?
Sat 18/09/04 at 22:09
Regular
Well that's not going to win you the competition. Tut tut.

*orders flowers*

All the same, it's just experience, isn't it?
Sat 18/09/04 at 22:02
Regular
"SOUP!"
There's less shame in appearing on The Bill that writing a God-Awful sketch for Shoot The Writers.
Sat 18/09/04 at 21:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I didn't watch The Bill.
Sat 18/09/04 at 21:47
Regular
He played Commie #1
Sat 18/09/04 at 21:46
Regular
Sheepy was on the Bill? Never told us

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.