GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This week, PSP Sells 544,304"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/01/05 at 12:35
Regular
...in total since it was launched.

Check this out

[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7350[/URL]

Looks like the DS is proving to be a bit popular then Dringo? I thought you said it was "naff"?

Tue 18/01/05 at 22:39
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> A difference of 10 or so days won't make that much difference. Lucky
> that I have my DS already, so now all I have to worry about is Resi
> and TSFP.

It'll be released at the end of February I'd imagine.

And the DS has already done some damage, Nintendo have practically encouraged Importers this time!

Nintendo has the head start with the GBA SP after a superb Christmas. I think you'll find both the DS and the PSP won't enjoy nearly the same success as the American and Japanese counterparts.

And I've never said the DS is great, I've only said it is Nintendo being genius' and will beat the PSP.

The DS is pretty naff, it feels tacky and the games aren't all that special.
Tue 18/01/05 at 20:11
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It wasn't exactly an age between the DS and PSP launching in Japan but that's undeniably helped sales over there.

And yeh, Resi and TS:FP are games I'll be getting on the day (or day before) launch.
Tue 18/01/05 at 19:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
A difference of 10 or so days won't make that much difference. Lucky that I have my DS already, so now all I have to worry about is Resi and TSFP.
Tue 18/01/05 at 19:16
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gerrid wrote:
> Nintendo's marketing strategy has paid off in the US and Japan, but
> they won't have the headstart in Europe.

Hmm.. they still might. Nintendo will need to act quick to get the DS out before the PSP's March date but we'll see what they come up with at the upcoming press conference. They might suprise us yet and still get it in the shops before the PSP.
Tue 18/01/05 at 19:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Nintendo's marketing strategy has paid off in the US and Japan, but they won't have the headstart in Europe. To combat that, hopefully they'll have a better software launch line up (Hell, they better, I don't see how they could mess THAT up).

Wario Ware, Yoshi T&G, Mario, FTM, Polarion, Ridge Racer

You're not going to buy more than 2 games.
Tue 18/01/05 at 18:59
Regular
I'm looking forward to Dringo's "Feeling The Magic" topic on the DS release. Mucho wordo eatage!

He's right, as in there isn't a Mario 64 style "killer game" (yes, I know it's ironic. Ports/updates don't count! :-P) but when was the last time a games machine launched with one of them?

Xbox and Halo was close... that's more than can be said for all the others!
Tue 18/01/05 at 18:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Gollum wrote:
> I also own an SP and think the DS is superior.

Well that's not suprising, the DS can do everything (except play GB/GBC games) that the SP can and alot better.

And yeh Dringo the "naff" comment was stupid. "The DS is naff now (in my opinion) but shall improve upon the release of AAA software in the future" would have been better.
Tue 18/01/05 at 17:40
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Well I own a DS and it certainly isn't naff. Not at all. I also own an SP and think the DS is superior.

I've also played the PSP and think it's great, but not as great as Sony have you believe!
Tue 18/01/05 at 16:35
Regular
I do read your posts, the reason why we do this though is because of your ever changing attitude towards the machine.

I remember a few weeks back, you was praising the DS and anticipating it's launch when people on here got their imported DSs.

It's just a comment you made the other day "the DS is naff" which pretty much throws the balance on what you think of the machine.
Tue 18/01/05 at 16:23
Regular
Of course I do. Because I know that there will be good games. I love my GBA SP, I don't care if "cool adults" won't buy it.

Again it seems you haven't read my posts.

But the DS so far hasn't offered much. I know it will. I might get it June. It depends if Nintendo manage to create an amazing launch line up or not.

But I doubt it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.