GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This week, PSP Sells 544,304"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/01/05 at 12:35
Regular
...in total since it was launched.

Check this out

[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7350[/URL]

Looks like the DS is proving to be a bit popular then Dringo? I thought you said it was "naff"?

Wed 19/01/05 at 16:55
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Dringo wrote:
> Dringo writes, and has always written, and will continue to write
> that the DS will do VERY well and will beat the PSP.

Note to self: hold Dringo to this at later date.
Wed 19/01/05 at 14:56
Regular
"Two year break!"
Kind of the point I was making...
Wed 19/01/05 at 14:42
Regular
"8==="
Mav wrote:
> "PlayStation 2: 124,401"
>
> ???
>
> How the hell do they keep finding customers?

*Psst*

The original customers buy new ones after the original ones die/break.
Wed 19/01/05 at 14:11
Regular
"Random by default"
As has been said amount of sales doesnt mean a product is good! Hardware wise Nintendos finally released something original that makes buying a handheld worthwhile. Ive had all the gameboys (apart from SP) and it was just the fact it really was just "a console in my hands" that put me off, i found myself in situations where i could of just been playing on my GC. But touch screen/two screens is finally offering something different, but for how long? Who knows about the next gen of consoles. Plus the games will need to make use of them.

Yeah, its good seeing its selling well, but its not like a...washing up powder :\, where one can be scientifically better in every way possible. (yes lame example but still :P) Each console has advantages and disadvantages, the amount of people owning a system wont mean that it plays better when you get it. Maybe think for yourself and buy the one that is better for you, and get rid of the Nike trainers while your at it.
Wed 19/01/05 at 14:11
Regular
"Two year break!"
Well if the Disc Read Error issue is still as common as ever then you'll find that 100,000 of those are re-purchases.....
Wed 19/01/05 at 13:58
Regular
"PlayStation 2: 124,401"

???

How the hell do they keep finding customers?
Wed 19/01/05 at 06:51
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
>
> I do find it odd. This is the first time Nintendo's marketing
> stratagy has seriously paid off, but it is also the first time
> Nintendo haven't had a perfect product to back up the hype.

Heh. If you can't beat 'em (sony), copy 'em.

DS still looks like a quality product to me.
Wed 19/01/05 at 06:48
Regular
"8==="
Quality.
Wed 19/01/05 at 00:34
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Dringo wrote:
> The DS is pretty naff, it feels tacky and the games aren't all that
> special.

I can confidentally go against that statement,lol, you need to really own one, sit down with it for a few hours then make a conclusion. I thought it wouldn't be all that great, but I was proved wrong.

And Mario 64 Rec Room is pure genuis. :)
Tue 18/01/05 at 23:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If the GBA2 is going to kill off the DS, then Nintendo won't release it for another 4 or so years. Why would you bring out a console and then kill it off after a year if it's doing well? It would be stupid and you know it. No matter how much of a third pillar the DS is it cant coexist with a new GBA.

If the sequence goes DS - GBA2 with a 4 year gap, then the DS is the next Gameboy, just under a different name.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.