GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This week, PSP Sells 544,304"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/01/05 at 12:35
Regular
...in total since it was launched.

Check this out

[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7350[/URL]

Looks like the DS is proving to be a bit popular then Dringo? I thought you said it was "naff"?

Tue 18/01/05 at 12:35
Regular
...in total since it was launched.

Check this out

[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7350[/URL]

Looks like the DS is proving to be a bit popular then Dringo? I thought you said it was "naff"?

Tue 18/01/05 at 12:39
Regular
"Two year break!"
The DS is having an incredible launch in Japan and doesn't exactly seem to be doing badly in the US either!

I have no doubt that the PSP will sell by the truckload either though.
Tue 18/01/05 at 12:47
gamesfreak wrote:

> Looks like the DS is proving to be a bit popular then Dringo? I
> thought you said it was "naff"?
>
> ...

He loves it really, and just wants some other slave to post the stat figures for him.
Tue 18/01/05 at 14:06
Regular
FOR CHRISTS SAKE READ MY DAMN POSTS!

Dringo writes, and has always written, and will continue to write that the DS will do VERY well and will beat the PSP. Dringo also say that the DS isn't all that.

We're Nintendo fans, just because it sells well doesn't mean it is good!

Goddammit.

And the PSP has been in such limited supply it is no surprise that's all the sales figures.

The PSP has pretty much sold out as Sony was cautious and didn't release many systems.

On a plus side it means those who wanted a PSP might get a DS instead as its cheaper and actually avalible.

On the down side it means that sales figures so far prove next to nothing.
Tue 18/01/05 at 14:27
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Damn you gamesfreak I was a little concerned until the rest of your post came up :D

Oh and Dringo feel flattered they are always relating things back to you to prove you wrong :P Although you are in the fact the DS is rather spiffing fun.
Tue 18/01/05 at 14:30
Regular
Tphi wrote:

> Oh and Dringo feel flattered they are always relating things back to
> you to prove you wrong :P Although you are in the fact the DS is
> rather spiffing fun.

I am slightly, after all people get so annoyed they feel the need to critic other things.

I'm sure the DS isn't all the bad but do you not see my point? Does the DS launch not smack of the Gamecube one too much? In that the titles you REALLY want aren't near yet? And the games we are asked to put up with are just "decent"?

But I've always said the DS will perform well and sell crap loads.

And I was right.

So :P
Tue 18/01/05 at 14:46
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> I'm sure the DS isn't all the bad but do you not see my point? Does
> the DS launch not smack of the Gamecube one too much? In that the
> titles you REALLY want aren't near yet? And the games we are asked to
> put up with are just "decent"?

I like Mario 64 DS alot it's more than just "decent". "Decent" to me smacks of some playable but not great EA title. Anyways, I can't be assed to import any others right now so can't really commment to well. But Nintendo had to get the hardware out when they did, you know this.

> But I've always said the DS will perform well and sell crap loads.
>
> And I was right.
>
> So :P

And you say this to me, who wasn't actually disagreeing with that..
Tue 18/01/05 at 16:20
Regular
Fair chicken.

You are right, Nintendo have managed to get a massive head start on Sony because of their festive launch. The pathetic PSP launch before Christmas allowed the DS to gain even more speed. Those heading to the shops, dissapointed that the 200,000 shipment of PSP's have sold out would get a DS instead. No wonder the DS, that had been out 2 weeks longer, outsold the PSP.

Week by week the DS has sold more, even when more PSP's are avalible. Word of mouth is spreading, DS' lead is increasing. Whilst the DS' only competiton in America is the GBA SP. A console that rather unbelievably sold 2 million in America! The combined sales of the GBA SP and the DS was over 3 million consoles! Now the PSP has a massive mission, because every day the PSP isn't on the shelves, Nintendo's 2 handhelds take another potential PSP owner away.

Europe's lack of DS may have been an issue if Nintendo hadn't of made a mega push on the GBA. A price cut, Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong, Pokemon, 3 special editions, loads of ads all made the Christmas period a massive success for the GBA. Whilst the early weeks of 2005 has seen the NES classics. Which have always been popular.

Actual sales figures aren't avalible but all of this meant that Nintendo can extend their handheld userbase. If you got a GBA SP at Christmas you're not gonna want another handheld come march.

Sure it'll damage the DS too. But Nintendo still get the sales. And Sony. Well they don't.

Nintendo are, rather uncharacteristically, being VERY VERY clever.

Releasing a handheld, out of the blue, before SONY. Offering a very different machine. And if it doesn't go to plan then Nintendo can release the next Gameboy by the end of the year.

But I doubt it'll come to that.

I do find it odd. This is the first time Nintendo's marketing stratagy has seriously paid off, but it is also the first time Nintendo haven't had a perfect product to back up the hype.
Tue 18/01/05 at 16:21
Regular
Dringo, seriously, you want a DS.

Don't deny it, don't bring up the "handhelds are for kids, not cool adults" arguement, you know you want one.
Tue 18/01/05 at 16:23
Regular
Of course I do. Because I know that there will be good games. I love my GBA SP, I don't care if "cool adults" won't buy it.

Again it seems you haven't read my posts.

But the DS so far hasn't offered much. I know it will. I might get it June. It depends if Nintendo manage to create an amazing launch line up or not.

But I doubt it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.