GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil 4 jisms"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Tue 18/01/05 at 18:15
Regular
OMG etc

jisms:
everything

Slightly bad:
Leon takes up a lot of the screen

This game is teh roxor. I've been walking through an off track pathway shooting out angry french people's kneecaps so they go down quicker. No more sissy auto aim. Then as they collapse to their knees I run up and round house kick them across the face.

Then I arrived at the village, got mobbed by villagers with pitchforks and scythes. My clip ran out and there was no time to reload (you can't do that inventory reload 'cheat' now either) so I ran across the village and headed into a house and barricaded the door. Cue loony paper bag man appearing and waving a chainsaw around, other villagers bring ladders and set them up to the upstairs window.

I ponce around looking for items and chainsaw man cuts through my wooden barricade, narrowly avoiding him I run up stairs and grab a shotgun off the wall. Seeing villagers climbing the ladder and starting to get in the room I realised I'm trapped, so I run into a corner between the bed where they can't get behind me and pull out the shotgun.

Unfortunatly I was a bit too slow and chainsaw man promptly decapitates me, blood gushes everywhere and 'You Are Dead' appears on the screen.

You want this game.

Also of note, walking into a shack to find a woman pinned a few feet off the ground by means of a pitchfork through the face, "No sex discrimination here" says Leon..
Page:
Fri 29/04/05 at 21:17
Regular
"The definitive tag"
The button-combo can be a bit of a ball-buster. Especially the A B one. I usually make a bit of a mess of it when that one flashes up.
Fri 29/04/05 at 21:12
Regular
"the burning sky"
Little tip, start reloading as a button-combo flashes on the screen. You'll be fully reloaded after. Tis particularly useful in those fights where reloading or pausing for a second will cause death.
Fri 29/04/05 at 21:07
Regular
"The definitive tag"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>he never did the head-split-massive-teeth-Leon-munch thing on me either.

This was usually where I would get caught out by it if I was in a reload sequence. Standing right on the edge meant that I could jump down before getting hit while completely avoiding being head-smashed.

Honestly, when he goes to head-smash, if you stand at the front the neck will pass right through you. A little shoddy, but very useful.
Fri 29/04/05 at 18:43
Regular
"the burning sky"
> Nah, final boss is a doddle.
> It's the one before that you've got to watch out for.
>
> Y'know, with Salazar, if you run round to the right as far as you can
> go, the main head bit can't attack you at all. The head smash thing
> never comes close, and he never did the
> head-split-massive-teeth-Leon-munch thing on me either.
>
> You just get the tentacle out the way with a few shotgun blasts (and
> then you don't have to deal with any of those attacks either) then
> you've got free reign on the eye and the little cago bast.
>
> Saved my rocket for the right hand.

Yeah I did that when I played thro' on normal. When playing on Pro, I shotgun'ed him in the face and took a magnum to Salazar. Was easy. Didnt have to contend with the head or tentacles at all.
Fri 29/04/05 at 18:38
"period drama"
Nah, final boss is a doddle.
It's the one before that you've got to watch out for.

Y'know, with Salazar, if you run round to the right as far as you can go, the main head bit can't attack you at all. The head smash thing never comes close, and he never did the head-split-massive-teeth-Leon-munch thing on me either.

You just get the tentacle out the way with a few shotgun blasts (and then you don't have to deal with any of those attacks either) then you've got free reign on the eye and the little cago bast.

Saved my rocket for the right hand.
Fri 29/04/05 at 18:13
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I'm really starting to dread this final boss. I hate boss battles altogether and try and avoid games that have them.

I thought Salazar was bad until I realised that all I needed was one rocket. I spent ages and unloaded hundreds of TMP rounds into the little basts face and kept failing. Some good shooting then a rocket to the face and down he went.

Is the last boss much harder than Salazar?
Fri 29/04/05 at 17:59
Regular
"the burning sky"
Yay finally finished it. Just under 18 hours. Had a biatch of a time against the final boss. Meh. Done it now, and was almost tempted to start again to get a look at the new guns, but had to change discs so i couldnt be bothered :D. Hmmm my favourite part? There were so many. The mine cart ride was pretty cool as was the knife fight. MMMM slow mo's. Yeah had to be the knife fight.
Fri 29/04/05 at 16:20
Regular
"The definitive tag"
> Vote: everyone's favourite bit in the game.

I haven't completed it yet, but so far I think the mine-car ride has been the best bit. It was the chainsaw wielding maniacs that really put the edge on it. Having to focus your efforts on them while still trying to fend off the others was a brilliant experience.
Fri 29/04/05 at 13:54
"period drama"
Vote: everyone's favourite bit in the game.

Mine goes to the knife fight most probably. Sublime.

Or perhaps the writhing bag. Which was just gross.
Still think the one hooked up in the cells should have jumped on your face, though - that would have emptied 90% of my bodily fluids.
Fri 29/04/05 at 13:52
"period drama"
Yeah he was, quick-footed bast.
Stand still, you feck, I'm trying to blow your fase off.

But then, he little timed bit at the end was a breeze.
Knees, face, knees, face.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.