GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting rather excited"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/01/05 at 22:45
Regular
Perhaps I'm turning Gay. I dunno.

What I do know is that I haven't got this excited over game releases since the launch of the Gamecube. And that's a long time.

Resident Evil 4 and Timesplitters 3 are being released either on the same day or a week apart... 2 of my most anticipated games of the year coming to me at once. I just hope Mario Tennis and Jungle Beat can sustain me through the coming weeks!

Starfox Assault is also due rather soon and that is also a game I am really anticipating.

Anyone else getting caught up in the whole hype wheel??

I mean then there's Geist, and Viewtiful Joe 2, and The Legend of Zelda...

2005 is gonna be a good, good year.
Thu 20/01/05 at 11:07
Regular
I'm still looking forward to Mario Power Tennis, mainly because it got some decent reviews and I really enjoyed the original.

Must... finish.... four swords.

Then Metroid Prime... then Prince of Persia 2...

Oh the pain!
Wed 19/01/05 at 19:19
Regular
"Pwned"
Yeah, it's the last full year before the revolution is released.
Wed 19/01/05 at 19:18
Regular
"8==="
Really?

2005's the last year?
Wed 19/01/05 at 19:17
Regular
"Pwned"
Dringo wrote:
> 2005 is gonna be a good, good year.

It sure will. (mainly down to all the exellent games - resi 4 and new zelda in particlular) The final year for consoles always seem to be the best.
Wed 19/01/05 at 18:44
Regular
"8==="
Anyone who had it on the '64 doesn't need it again.
Wed 19/01/05 at 18:32
Regular
"the burning sky"
Resolute wrote:
> Mario Tennis is crap.
> As Bejam said, the power shot animations are really annoying. See you
> could be in the middle of a great rally, and then it takes you to a
> cut-scene?
> Pish.

From my experience (actually owning the game) the power shot animations dont really detract from the game. Even if you're in the middle of a rally and someone uses a power-shot, theres a decent chance of you being able to at least return it. It adds a certain amount of variety to the game. And its not as if it rips you from the game while the cut-scenes are played. Theres plenty of replayability, unlocking the star versions of characters, replaying some of the harder tounaments.

But the multiplayer if where its all at, sit down for a 6 game, 5 set match and you'll be playing for hours, and it never feels like a strain. Well that is unless you're playing with the computer players. Every now and then they just keep hitting the ball to each other, and at the moment you've just lost concentration, it gets hit in your direction. Still pretty amazing all the same.

There's also a hell of a lot of flexibility in the control system. For those new to the game, the computer does all but press the buttons for you. And for the advanced players, you control everything, even diving etc. Some of the 'gimic' courts, and I stress gimic, are there for if you dont want a regular game of tennis, but all the courts can be used for a normal game, which adds a hell of a lot of variety to playing locations.

I cant really think of much more to say. If you have any questions about the game, dont hesitate to ask. This game certainly proved to be lots of fun on Xmas night after one too many beers.
Wed 19/01/05 at 17:38
Regular
"8==="
*Spurts*

*Psst* Multiformat.
Wed 19/01/05 at 15:42
Regular
It's just Chaos Theory and Hitman: Blood Money that have me excited to be honest.

Timesplitters 3 would if it didn't look exactly like TS2.
Wed 19/01/05 at 14:29
Regular
Resi 4, TimeSplitters: Future Perfect and Jungle Beat shall rule the next few months.

Mario Tennis has always looked sucky.
Wed 19/01/05 at 13:52
Regular
It hasn't done too well with critics either. Shame.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.