GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting rather excited"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/01/05 at 22:45
Regular
Perhaps I'm turning Gay. I dunno.

What I do know is that I haven't got this excited over game releases since the launch of the Gamecube. And that's a long time.

Resident Evil 4 and Timesplitters 3 are being released either on the same day or a week apart... 2 of my most anticipated games of the year coming to me at once. I just hope Mario Tennis and Jungle Beat can sustain me through the coming weeks!

Starfox Assault is also due rather soon and that is also a game I am really anticipating.

Anyone else getting caught up in the whole hype wheel??

I mean then there's Geist, and Viewtiful Joe 2, and The Legend of Zelda...

2005 is gonna be a good, good year.
Tue 18/01/05 at 22:45
Regular
Perhaps I'm turning Gay. I dunno.

What I do know is that I haven't got this excited over game releases since the launch of the Gamecube. And that's a long time.

Resident Evil 4 and Timesplitters 3 are being released either on the same day or a week apart... 2 of my most anticipated games of the year coming to me at once. I just hope Mario Tennis and Jungle Beat can sustain me through the coming weeks!

Starfox Assault is also due rather soon and that is also a game I am really anticipating.

Anyone else getting caught up in the whole hype wheel??

I mean then there's Geist, and Viewtiful Joe 2, and The Legend of Zelda...

2005 is gonna be a good, good year.
Tue 18/01/05 at 22:51
"period drama"
2005 is, like, the best year ever.
Ever.

I going to be one big pile of jism near Zelda time.
Until then ... just lots of large patches.
Tue 18/01/05 at 22:52
Regular
Well Resident Evil 4 and Mario Tennis are my top priorities. Closely followed by Timesplitters 3. It will be a good couple of months :) Resi 4 has me the most excited though.
Tue 18/01/05 at 23:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Resi 4 and TimeSplitters: Future Perfect will definately have to be got on the day or day before release.

2005 will indeed be a great year, lots of Cube and DS games that are must-buys. I'm just hoping Zelda won't slip.

And there's no such game as TimeSplitters 3 :P
Tue 18/01/05 at 23:16
"period drama"
God bless the pedants.
Tue 18/01/05 at 23:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Nothing wrong with nitpicking :P
Tue 18/01/05 at 23:36
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Mario Tennis and Future Perfect soon.

Starfox hopefully sometime soon, although it'll probably get hefty delays as usual.

Then Zelda, Resi 4 and Madden latter on in the year.
Wed 19/01/05 at 11:16
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Mario Tennis is both good and bad.

The good: the main tennis mode is almost exactly the same as the N64 version. Great multiplayer.

The bad: the main tennis mode is almost exactly the same as the N64 version. Stupendously annoying power shots and a host of awful "gimmick" courts in place of more regular courts or better tournament modes. Single player tournaments are a bit dull.
Wed 19/01/05 at 12:03
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Mario Tennis is crap.
As Bejam said, the power shot animations are really annoying. See you could be in the middle of a great rally, and then it takes you to a cut-scene?
Pish.
Wed 19/01/05 at 13:52
Regular
It hasn't done too well with critics either. Shame.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.