GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Now it begins"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/01/05 at 08:57
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

News I've just heard tells me the Doom3 Expansion will have it's own gravity gun al la Half Life 2. Expect all FPS in the near future to have an inferior version of valves masterstroke.

True, there's a command to open the "Grabber" in Doom3 itself so technically it predates HL2, but to be honest it was naff.
Thu 20/01/05 at 13:02
Regular
Never mind the Gravity gun, the physics felt waaaaay too heavy in Doom 3 to pull of what Half-Life 2 did with the Gravity gun.

They need to scrap the level design altogether for me to be interested. Doom 3 was far too 'old skool' to prove an interesting play.
Wed 19/01/05 at 18:45
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
cipro wrote:
> Sounds like a desperate attempt to bring the game slightly up to date.
> I wasn't overly impressed with the physics Doom 3 used, so Id are
> going to have provide more in that area to generate any interest in
> this expansion.

Yeah, they always seemed a bit light, but heavy, if that makes any sense at all. They should have stuck with a tried and tested engine al la Havok, instead of reinventing the wheel.
Wed 19/01/05 at 16:55
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Sounds like a desperate attempt to bring the game slightly up to date. I wasn't overly impressed with the physics Doom 3 used, so Id are going to have provide more in that area to generate any interest in this expansion.
Wed 19/01/05 at 15:01
Regular
Its like on Xbox, for years there were all these supposedly "halo beaters" but I’ve seen better games on mobiles then them.
Wed 19/01/05 at 09:28
Regular
"the burning sky"
Theres also one coming up in Timesplitters : Future Perfect.
Wed 19/01/05 at 08:57
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

News I've just heard tells me the Doom3 Expansion will have it's own gravity gun al la Half Life 2. Expect all FPS in the near future to have an inferior version of valves masterstroke.

True, there's a command to open the "Grabber" in Doom3 itself so technically it predates HL2, but to be honest it was naff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.