GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy Advent Children"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/09/04 at 14:09
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
This film has just had a 20 minute preview screening at the Venice Film Festival. Ive just read a persons review of it on www.ff7ac.net and it is sounding very good indeed. I hope they decide to release this at the cinema, it deserves the recognition. From what Ive read it wont disappoint FF fans, summons are in it for a start!

It had a standing ovation when it finished in the preview, so that must count for something...
Tue 14/09/04 at 14:09
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
This film has just had a 20 minute preview screening at the Venice Film Festival. Ive just read a persons review of it on www.ff7ac.net and it is sounding very good indeed. I hope they decide to release this at the cinema, it deserves the recognition. From what Ive read it wont disappoint FF fans, summons are in it for a start!

It had a standing ovation when it finished in the preview, so that must count for something...
Tue 14/09/04 at 14:54
Regular
Summons?

Excellent.
Tue 14/09/04 at 15:21
Regular
"Nicolaj"
Thanks for the tip now i canīt wait for Final Fantasy Advent Children
Tue 14/09/04 at 17:38
Regular
"lets go back"
Im I right in thinking this is a Japanese film? Is it in English or is it subtitled?
Tue 14/09/04 at 19:45
"period drama"
Of course it's Japanese.
You know - Final Fantasy, a game, Square, Japan - always.

But it'll obviously get a translation, with irritating Yanks at the helm, no doubt.

Anywho, I have no doubt this'll rule after seeing many trailers. So cool.
Tue 14/09/04 at 19:47
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
yeah its made in Japan. Itll be out first in Japan with Japanese audio. It will be converted to english hopefully (subtitles obviously first), as for whether or not the lip sync-ing will change Im not sure (aka Final Fantasy 10 - I hope not). I cant wait to see this!

What I think might happen is if square decide to remake final fantasy 7, they will include the new storyline in this new game. That would create in my opinion the best game ever (even though it already is) I bet making this film is a preview of what is to come from Squares game developers, i reckon they have denied making a FF7 remake and are secretly working on it!For once developers are listening to their fans.
Tue 14/09/04 at 19:49
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Oh yeah, and why on earth did they bother with Final Fantasy:Spirits Within? bet it was the yanks who had a say in it
Tue 14/09/04 at 20:16
"period drama"
You know the film is set after FF7, right?
Do it couldn't possibly have any effect on the story line.

FF7 won't get remade, either.
However, there is a game called Before Crisis which is a prequel - to be released as a mobile phone game. And a GC game about FF7 has been announced as well, although details are non existant.

That could be a remake, I suppose. But I don't see any sense in it.
Tue 14/09/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Actually there is a chance they may remake it. Cant remember the full story but the maker said, when there is a significant interest in a remake, they will make one. Im pretty sure there was another reason, but cant remember what it was, can anyone else remember????
Thu 16/09/04 at 18:51
"period drama"
It doesn't make any financial sense to remake it - because they would have to rehaul the whole thing. There isn't much to reclaim and reuse off the original that would compare to modern standards.

And I think FF7 is perfect as it is. There's isn't much point in a remake just for glitzy graphics.

What I'd much prefer - and what it looks like they're doing - is just an expansion of the FF7 world, with more history and future added in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.