GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So Dringo? What sort of handheld action turns you on?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/01/05 at 22:38
Regular
The DS is naff?
Now, Dringo saying something from Nintendo is "naff" is a rarity intself but, the DS?

There's one argument I can think of against handheld games.
That after playing home console standard, it's hard to step down, especially when the prices aren't quite the same step down.

But when you say "Roll on GBA2.", it sort of shows that handhelds aren't the issue...

So what's the problem with the DS?
I notice it has no analogue stick, but everyone keeps saying that the touch screen simulation more or less works as well, so you'd barely notice, including you.

Heck, you want the revolution controller to be a touchscreen!

So is it the DS?
What's wrong with it?
What doesn't it have that the GBA2 will?

Or maybe it's not the DS.
Maybe the games aren't really getting you excited.
The launch games do generally seem a bit basic, being either a remake or a short game, but that was the case with the Gamecube for AGES, and I never heard one complaint then?

So if it's the games bugging you, what's wrong with them, and what're you expecting on the GBA2 that's going to be so much better?

I think a certain someone has gotten into a certain mood and has decided to become Mr Contraversial! You're just winding people up, aren't you! ;-P
Thu 20/01/05 at 10:32
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Strafio wrote:
> What doesn't it have that the GBA2 will?

Project a clear screen out the top with lazers!

> Or maybe it's not the DS.
> Maybe the games aren't really getting you excited.

Hitting the nail on the head now.

They have a DS and a PSP in a cabinet in a game shop here running. On the one side you have the PSP with a BIG screen showing a beautiful demo of Ridge Racer (even though it may only be the CGI intro), and on the other hand, you have some not so clear DS running all sorts.

Seen Ridge Racer on DS? Looks worse than the N64 one! Well not that I've actually seen it in action, only in mags. But the fact that the PSP one looks SO much nicer isn't good.

The one thing I like about the DS games though, is the stylus type ones. Like the Dogz one, or that surgical one. Ones that make use of the new controls in new and interesting ways. But for people that want racing games and the like, I don't see much of an improvement really.

But that's the price to pay to have the console now, and with a good battery life.

I've hardly bought any games for my GBA because they all seemed to just be remakes of games I've already got on the SNES. I think with the DS this might have to change finally due to the way it works, though Nintendo did release Mario 64 as a launch title... lol. Well, at least they tried this time to alter it slightly.

:)
Wed 19/01/05 at 22:38
Regular
The DS is naff?
Now, Dringo saying something from Nintendo is "naff" is a rarity intself but, the DS?

There's one argument I can think of against handheld games.
That after playing home console standard, it's hard to step down, especially when the prices aren't quite the same step down.

But when you say "Roll on GBA2.", it sort of shows that handhelds aren't the issue...

So what's the problem with the DS?
I notice it has no analogue stick, but everyone keeps saying that the touch screen simulation more or less works as well, so you'd barely notice, including you.

Heck, you want the revolution controller to be a touchscreen!

So is it the DS?
What's wrong with it?
What doesn't it have that the GBA2 will?

Or maybe it's not the DS.
Maybe the games aren't really getting you excited.
The launch games do generally seem a bit basic, being either a remake or a short game, but that was the case with the Gamecube for AGES, and I never heard one complaint then?

So if it's the games bugging you, what's wrong with them, and what're you expecting on the GBA2 that's going to be so much better?

I think a certain someone has gotten into a certain mood and has decided to become Mr Contraversial! You're just winding people up, aren't you! ;-P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.