GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So Dringo? What sort of handheld action turns you on?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/01/05 at 22:38
Regular
The DS is naff?
Now, Dringo saying something from Nintendo is "naff" is a rarity intself but, the DS?

There's one argument I can think of against handheld games.
That after playing home console standard, it's hard to step down, especially when the prices aren't quite the same step down.

But when you say "Roll on GBA2.", it sort of shows that handhelds aren't the issue...

So what's the problem with the DS?
I notice it has no analogue stick, but everyone keeps saying that the touch screen simulation more or less works as well, so you'd barely notice, including you.

Heck, you want the revolution controller to be a touchscreen!

So is it the DS?
What's wrong with it?
What doesn't it have that the GBA2 will?

Or maybe it's not the DS.
Maybe the games aren't really getting you excited.
The launch games do generally seem a bit basic, being either a remake or a short game, but that was the case with the Gamecube for AGES, and I never heard one complaint then?

So if it's the games bugging you, what's wrong with them, and what're you expecting on the GBA2 that's going to be so much better?

I think a certain someone has gotten into a certain mood and has decided to become Mr Contraversial! You're just winding people up, aren't you! ;-P
Sat 22/01/05 at 17:42
Regular
The original Mario 64 was ground breaking, introducing the first full 3D world. The moves were simple and Miyamoto created thousands of puzzles from a handful of moves.
Sat 22/01/05 at 13:33
Regular
The original Mario 64 was immense. The new one is alright, but the control scheme is really, really terrible. I'd have prefered it on the GameCube if I'm honest.
Sat 22/01/05 at 13:28
Regular
"8==="
I never found it that great. Sure graphically it was good and I finished it (by beating bowser, wasn't interested in the 'collect the stars' crap) but I've never owned the game I played it and finished it round a friends.

As a tutorial to learn how to use the controller it was great. As a game it average, as a platformer it was great.
Sat 22/01/05 at 11:38
Regular
Yeah but its still and old game and not the killer release it once was.
Sat 22/01/05 at 10:43
Regular
"8==="
I suppose you could argue that a lot of people haven't played Mario 64 and that it's new to those who only play handhelds and those that are new to gaming or were to young to have played the original game.
Sat 22/01/05 at 10:34
Regular
This is why a killer app is needed at launch!
Sat 22/01/05 at 10:25
Regular
"8==="
I know what you're getting at Dringo. I didn't buy a cube 'til it'd been out 6 months and got the xbox when it was near to a year old.
Sat 22/01/05 at 00:18
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Tis a faulty Go-Sen in disguise.
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:41
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> That's it, Dringo's definitely a robot.

Damn you're on to me.
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:40
Regular
"bit of a brain"
That's it, Dringo's definitely a robot.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.