GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where were you on 9/11?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/09/04 at 20:08
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
I was on holiday in Florida. We were due to fly back to the UK on September 11th just before it happened. What was really strange is we were about to leave the villa when my mom said she forgot something, she was taking ages as women do... so I decided to put the TV on, and seconds later we saw the plane just fly into the second building. If we hadnt gone back into the house & turned the TV on, we would have been stranded at the airport, luckily for us the villa owners let us stay there for a week extra free of charge. The flight home was probably the worst experience of my life, we had one of the first flights out of the USA, and I crapped myself cos there were a lot of suspicious looking asian men boarding the plane.
Fri 17/09/04 at 02:55
Regular
"8==="
Sick?

Not right now I've just had lunch.
Fri 17/09/04 at 02:53
Regular
"8==="
'gotten hurt'?

Classic understatement.

Pol Pot chinese burned a lot of people and Hitler was a dab hand with some Jews and a wet towel.

and the rectangular moustached one invented the catchphrase "Gotta catch 'em all" which was later adopted by another facist organisation.
Fri 17/09/04 at 02:33
Regular
Oh, and I found about it on here.

I thought someone was having us all on.

It seemed sort of funny at first, but it sort of gradually sunk in that people had gotten hurt and wasn't quite so funny no more.
Fri 17/09/04 at 02:33
Regular
"8==="
I was shooting a plane full of passengers down heading for the Pentagon.
Fri 17/09/04 at 02:27
Regular
Ashley wrote:
> a more valid point would be that we have a bbc radio asia and an urban
> bbc (which is pretty much exclusively black). Puddleface is right if
> you set up "whiteboy fm" you'd get slaughtered.

I suppose because all the standard stations are English.
No one's saying you can't listen to these ethnic stations, they just reflect the taste of these ethnic groups.
Urban BBC? Just a taste in music that happens to have a black image?
You could say that Classic FM is all this whiteboy music...
With the big blown out symphony orchestra's and the like.

I know what you're saying, but I don't think positive discrimination is happening in that example.

> Puddleface has been harshly laid into here. he had every right to be
> suspicious of a group of asians on the plane, in a week were so much
> hype and negative reporting was attributed to him, it was as he said
> natural fear not racism. of he had acted against them based upon an
> ungrounded fear then he would have been racist.

Yeah, the guy's just admitting to paranoia.
Everyone's got their prejudices. It's one thing to know something, it can be another to instinctively feel it. It's like arachniphobia. Can be overcome, but not without intense mind conditioning.
Wed 15/09/04 at 16:55
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
When the diaster was taking place, I was either at school, or on my way home from school- When I got home, my Mum told me what had happened, which was not long after the second plane crashed. I just couldn't believe it at all, and couldn't for the next day or so; Even now, it's unbelievable that someone would do something so violent and pointless in the name of religion because they've taken a piece of writing far too seriously. Like the Crusades, but more cowardly.
Wed 15/09/04 at 15:41
Regular
"You fail in life!"
In my room playing my psone

*hides in corner saddened by his once sad life*
Wed 15/09/04 at 14:50
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
At work, overheard one of our reservations staff talking to a customer who was obviously watching the news as it was happening at home (no TVs at work in our reservations area) went back to desk and fired up BBC website and then with a few other people went and found a TV upstairs to watch in total shock.

Spent the remainder of the evening watching the news .... not very pleasant :(
Wed 15/09/04 at 13:33
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
That was the day of my Ultrasound, the day i found out my babys heart had stopped beating. :-(
Wed 15/09/04 at 13:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
So if my dad gets rich, I make a sex video, don't eat anything and become a 'socialite' then I can rule the world?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.