GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can anyone recommend...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/09/04 at 08:27
Regular
A Plasma TV, around the 42" region.

I am willing to spend up to £3000 including a new surround sound system. I am wanting one with 1024 x 1024 resolution with NTSC 100hz or PAL 100hz playback.

I have one month to choose, any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Wed 15/09/04 at 11:36
Regular
"lets go back"
I think thats probably the same tbh, looks a bit different on the site than it did in the mag i saw it in. I know I said Panasonic but that was off the top of my head an dit begins with the same letter.

I thought the whole mirror would turn to a TV but it only looks like half of it does, which is pants.
Tue 14/09/04 at 21:47
Do you have a link on that? There's a mirror-TV, but it's not quite the same as what you said [URL]http://www.bluefi.co.uk/news/philips_mirror_tv.html[/URL]
Tue 14/09/04 at 21:41
Regular
"lets go back"
I dunno if its real gold, it just looked gold. And if your gonna spend loads of cash on a TV you might as well go all of the way.
Tue 14/09/04 at 21:37
Regular
Gold edge? Something like that would surely rape your bank account.
Tue 14/09/04 at 21:18
Regular
"lets go back"
You have to get the gas re-filled (well I think its gas, it could be something else) after a few years with Plasma TV's. I dunno how much it costs but i've been told its expensive. They tend not to get very good reviews compared to proper TV's. I'd have recomended you look into LCD TV's only I dont think there are any as big as you want. I'd say stick with what you have.

But if you really want to get one....

Panasonic have just brought out a TV (Plasma or LCD i'm not sure) that has a fancy gold edge which, when turned off, becomes reflective like a mirror. Dunno how much it is, but it sounds really cool.
Tue 14/09/04 at 18:45
I'm looking to buy a car, would you say I should go down the Ferrari "fast car" route, or the more rugged SUV/land Rover option?
Tue 14/09/04 at 18:45
Regular
"Better Than You"
If your hungry don't eat your widescreen telly. :D
Tue 14/09/04 at 18:43
"I love yo... lamp."
Have you considered that you might need to eat during that time?
Mon 13/09/04 at 17:30
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Damn you and your much-money spending ways, man.
Mon 13/09/04 at 16:23
Regular
Damarus wrote:
> 50k. Keep dreaming.

I've got an 8k per year scholarship to Uni, and a belter of a summer job with a pay of about £12-14 per hour, (and I know I'll still have it, as it's my sister who's hiring me). Work for 10-12 weeks, approximately 50 hours per week (huge workload, but it's all outdoors in the heat, so I'm not bothered)

So I could finish each summer with 6k, or 8.5k

50k? Sounds plausible.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.