GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Trekkin' across the universe...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/09/04 at 00:05
Regular
Only goin' forward cos' we can't find reverese!

Classic tune.

Anyways, has anyone else bought the 1st season of the classic Star Trek that's just been released?

I'm asking because I have and can't for the life of me find the original pilot episode "The Cage" (Y'know the one without William Shatner)

Granted I haven't checked the bonus disc yet but theres no mention of it on the box.

Anyone?
Tue 14/09/04 at 21:39
Regular
viperfire wrote:
> Mystique wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
>
> On that note, Generations S/E is out on Monday.
>
> Generations has been delayed to the 20th of December :(

Urgh...ah well. Spent too much this month anyhoo.
And Edgy, doesn't the crappy sound and picture quality bother you? You might as well have not bought them and kept your videos (Which I'm guessing you have/had)

Meh, your loss :p
Tue 14/09/04 at 18:52
Regular
I'm not bothered about the extras...it's the movies I wanted to see...except The Final Frontier. I forced myself to watch that.
Tue 14/09/04 at 11:06
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
Mystique wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
>
> On that note, Generations S/E is out on Monday.

Generations has been delayed to the 20th of December :(
Tue 14/09/04 at 00:30
Regular
Edgy wrote:

>
Complete movie collection? *Gasp* You have the inferior silver boxed versions with dodgy picture and audio...and *Double gasp* no extras?!

Shaaaame on you.

On that note, Generations S/E is out on Monday.
Tue 14/09/04 at 00:27
Regular
Going with the flow? You were in total Star Trek nerd mode!

Anyways, being miffed about a hack job on the box set isn't as bad.
Mon 13/09/04 at 18:54
Regular
Mystique...was just going along with the flow. I wasn't the one who seemed rather disappointed that the pilot episode wasn't featured on the TOS boxset. I haven't even got the thing.

Mon 13/09/04 at 14:39
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, then Kirk & Co. rescue a troubled village from bandits, following a timeslip caused by North Korea blowing up mountains and the blast reflecting off the Sun.
Mon 13/09/04 at 14:25
"Darth Vader 3442321"
monkey_man wrote:
> What about the forgotten episode where the crew take a trip to Mexico,
> and Spock gets his first taste of Earthly poontang.

I've seen that one. It's a poignant piece of drama; Kirk falls in love with the worm he finds in the bottle of Tequila he is drinking and gets married, meanwhile Scotty wears a Sombrero whilst roasting a young lady as the security guy in the Red top opposite, chides him for not making enough effort, to which he replies,

"she cannae take no more, it's operating a full capacity".
Mon 13/09/04 at 14:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
So it's like a big Human c*ck fight...literally...with c*cks...should be called Spock fight...too many entendres...*explodes*
Mon 13/09/04 at 14:14
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Well Vulcan males can only mate once every 7 years...and most of their
> rituals involve a challenge to the death.
>
> I do remember an episode which focused on that from TOS, and Voyager
> had atleast one. So chances are, yes he was :P

You're like one of those Star Trek nerds from the Simpsons. How you actually took m_m's comment seriously is beyond me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.