GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Movie Cliches"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/09/04 at 23:05
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Films are loaded with 'em these days. "Ghost Ship" is one of the worst pieces of drivel, I've had to endure, and couldn't help but spot them everywhere. Let's hear some typical movie cliches that get on your nerves...
Fri 10/09/04 at 21:49
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Very true.

What about when they save the day before the bomb detonates with just three seconds (or even one) remaining?
Fri 10/09/04 at 22:37
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I hate when somebody unloads a gun, just as the bad guy gets back up off the floor, evidently not dead.

I also hate all the face-ripping-off in "Mission Impossible 2". You see it once, you see it a million times.
Sat 11/09/04 at 16:37
Regular
"you've got a beard"
no real film woes to air, but these observations occurred:

*Highly Excitable* wrote:

> 1: In any monster/dinosaur film, all explorers keep a glass of water
> on the dashboard and the rythmic ripples in the water warn of the
> inevitable onslaught. NOBODY, i repeat NOBODY, keeps a glass of water
> on their dashboard!!!

too right, it goes int he cup holders unless there's a pint in it.

don't drink and drive kids.
you drink, you drive, you spill

RoJ wrote:

> There is the climax at the end

.... yes. yes there is.
where else to you propose they put the climax of the film?? :)
Sat 11/09/04 at 16:46
Regular
*Highly Excitable* wrote:
> 2: In any fighting scene, when it is the main character versus loads
> of other fighters, they never all attack at once do they? No. They
> dance around in a threatening manner until the main character has
> disposed of their predeccesers. Ridiculous.

That only happens in Hollywood films, because most Hollywood actors/stuntmen can't cope with that many moves all at once.

Jet Li films are the best for those scenes, as he takes on about 6-12 at once, at blinding speed.
Sat 11/09/04 at 16:50
Regular
And there are some films that go all out and avoid the cliches.

**Caution, may contain spoilers**

Atomic Train, there's some chemical fire on the train, and if it goes on for too long, the nuke on board will explode, however, twist is, water just won't cut it, and they need fire retardant (hehe), so they call out for all helicopters in the area to go here and get this fire retardant, and help put the fire out.
These two guys have a slightly malfunctioning radio, and they miss out the needing to know they can't use water, so they fill their bucket with water, and head off, just as they're closing in, they hear through the radio "fire retardant" and one guys says "Did he just say we need fire retardant?" "I dunno, let use the water anyway"

You think they're gonna somehow stop, but they don't, and Kaboom, nuke goes off.

It's just about the only film without crappy old cliches.
Sat 11/09/04 at 17:14
Regular
"Insert Gently"
munn wrote:
> And there are some films that go all out and avoid the cliches.
>
> **Caution, may contain spoilers**
>
> Atomic Train, there's some chemical fire on the train, and if it goes
> on for too long, the nuke on board will explode, however, twist is,
> water just won't cut it, and they need fire retardant (hehe), so they
> call out for all helicopters in the area to go here and get this fire
> retardant, and help put the fire out.
> These two guys have a slightly malfunctioning radio, and they miss
> out the needing to know they can't use water, so they fill their
> bucket with water, and head off, just as they're closing in, they
> hear through the radio "fire retardant" and one guys says
> "Did he just say we need fire retardant?" "I dunno,
> let use the water anyway"
>
> You think they're gonna somehow stop, but they don't, and Kaboom,
> nuke goes off.
>
>
> It's just about the only film without crappy old cliches.

However, crap
Sat 11/09/04 at 17:39
Regular
That made no sense at all.
Sat 11/09/04 at 19:23
Regular
"For One Night Only"
New cliche - someone thinks they see something and end up pointing a gun at themselves in the mirror... face it, it happens.
Sat 11/09/04 at 19:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Horror Movies:

A woman runs away from someone/something in a forest and then stupidly falls over. She then stand up to see nobody was chasing her, but wait, what's that behind here, on my it's the mass murderer. Didn't see that one coming.

The serial killer who is beaten, stabbed, shot and electrocuted but still musters enough strength for one last, cheap shot of a scare when he jumps to frighten those who thought he was dead.

Predictable characters, one will be a geek who can probably hack computers and knows science stuff because he wears glasses, another will be a self indulgent beauty queen who chews bubble gum, there'll be the rebel of the group who wears a leather jacket and probably also has a pair of sunglasses while the last two, the only survivors, will be sensible and the only ones to figure out everything despite not being able to save any of their friends.
Sat 11/09/04 at 21:04
Regular
"The butler did it"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.