GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Movie Cliches"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/09/04 at 23:05
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Films are loaded with 'em these days. "Ghost Ship" is one of the worst pieces of drivel, I've had to endure, and couldn't help but spot them everywhere. Let's hear some typical movie cliches that get on your nerves...
Fri 10/09/04 at 14:02
Regular
"Insert Gently"
After shagging fifty women, managing to covince your lady-friend, it meant nothing and winning her over with a lil speech...come on man, we all know you need to get some flowers and reduced dark choc, she'll be like putty in your hands
Fri 10/09/04 at 14:53
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Films in which Aliens are friendly and speak English. Each film of this sort will have a scene in which the main Alien couple have dinner with the main human couple and the predictable dialogue will start with:

Male Alien "tell me what is this thing you humans call love? It is not known to us Rrllls"

The humans will tell the Aliens, the female Alien will claim that her matling isn't very romantic but they do perform the ritual of Bllaarghscreeeeee often.

Cue bemused looks from the Human couple.

Then the Male Alien will say something chauvinistic and an argument will ensue.

Cue wry smiles from the Human couple as they wonder off hamming it up for the cameras.
Fri 10/09/04 at 16:20
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
One of my favourites is when a crew of a spaceship are all rendered unconscious by some unseen force, and they all wake up at exactly the same time, rubbing their heads and saying 'what happened?'
Fri 10/09/04 at 16:32
"Darth Vader 3442321"
The person who is being chided for their incompentancy ultimatley prevails, often taking the place of their fallen comrade to complete the vital task. Who was the fallen comrade? The person who was chiding them.
Fri 10/09/04 at 19:11
Regular
"For One Night Only"
A woman's being chased by a baddie. She hides behind a building. She dares to look back around the corner and the baddie is gone. She turns back to face where she just hid, and the baddie is a centimetre away from her face. Then she usually screams.
Fri 10/09/04 at 19:55
Regular
"lets go back"
When the hero seems to have an infinite ammount of ammo until the final scene where he only has 1 bullet so has to get a perfect shot.

A team of detectives find it nearly impossible to catch a serial killer then 10 minutes from the end remember "a vital clue", usually leading to someone they know well.
Fri 10/09/04 at 20:16
Regular
"Not a Jew"
If the good guy is creeping around a building or peering through a door and an enemy/random person comes through the door, the good guy always manages to hide in the opposite direction from which the person walks and so remains unseen.

The geek always gets the girl.

The geek always saves the day.

There is the climax at the end where the good guy vs the tall evil strong boss type guy. It always looks like the bad guy will win but the (frequently bulletridden) good guy will stage an amazing comeback and kill the bad guy in a gruesome fashion, such as impaling him on a nearby forklift which is handily parked with its spikes facing up.
Fri 10/09/04 at 21:02
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
These I hate...

1: In any monster/dinosaur film, all explorers keep a glass of water on the dashboard and the rythmic ripples in the water warn of the inevitable onslaught. NOBODY, i repeat NOBODY, keeps a glass of water on their dashboard!!!

2: In any fighting scene, when it is the main character versus loads of other fighters, they never all attack at once do they? No. They dance around in a threatening manner until the main character has disposed of their predeccesers. Ridiculous.
Fri 10/09/04 at 21:13
Regular
"For One Night Only"
*Highly Excitable* wrote:
> These I hate...
>
> 1: In any monster/dinosaur film, all explorers keep a glass of water
> on the dashboard and the rythmic ripples in the water warn of the
> inevitable onslaught. NOBODY, i repeat NOBODY, keeps a glass of water
> on their dashboard!!!

LOL! Excellent! What about when a lad gets slapped across his face. He rubs it with his hand, then slowly draws it away from his face again, staring at his hand. Sometimes, they even rub the index and middle fingers against the thumb after this, even though they haven't bled!
Fri 10/09/04 at 21:23
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
lol, so true!

Thought of another couple actually...

...In car chases, the characters always face the same obstacles: a blind man, a one-way street, a fruit stand and a sign saying "Bridge Out Ahead"

...also, all boms in flims have large red LED readouts installed so that you know exactly when they are going to go off, handy really. Oh, and also, the fact that whenever someone has to cut a wire in a bomb, they will ALWAYS choose the right one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.