GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mozilla"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/09/04 at 11:18
Regular
"Bicycle"
Ugh.

Like the browser. But hate it not working with CSS's scrollbar attribute...

Anyway is there a way (add-on) to get it to work?
Tue 07/09/04 at 14:42
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Coin wrote:
> Not for my site, but for viewing others...
>
> Thanks anyway Tyla...

The answers the same. You trying to view sites using MS based code designed for MS browsers. There's no way around it. ust stick too using IE if colourd scrollers get you going.;)
Tue 07/09/04 at 14:41
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Timmargh wrote:
> "Proprietary".

Cheers...;)
Tue 07/09/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Bicycle"
Not for my site, but for viewing others...

Thanks anyway Tyla...
Tue 07/09/04 at 14:23
Regular
"Twenty quid."
"Proprietary".
Tue 07/09/04 at 13:09
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Coin wrote:
> Ugh.
>
> Like the browser. But hate it not working with CSS's scrollbar
> attribute...
>
> Anyway is there a way (add-on) to get it to work?

in short...

NO...

CSS scollers are a Microsoft propriatory(sp?) style. It's also invald CSS. Microsoft developed these back in the days they though they were going to take over the internet.

Rumour has it that there will be a solution in CSS3, but thats some time off. There are also -Moz tags which allow you to enable CSS3 styles such as scrollers, rounded corners, opacity etc, but these are yet to be fully supported, just as M$ specific tags aren't supported either.

Best solution, just don't bother. They add no real value to the site and can still be over-ridden by users desktop properties.

Option2, Create a CSS wrapper for the site which would act as an inner browser window and style accordingly. Works x-browser but a tad complicated to work out without thourough knowledge of manipulating the DOM.
Tue 07/09/04 at 11:18
Regular
"Bicycle"
Ugh.

Like the browser. But hate it not working with CSS's scrollbar attribute...

Anyway is there a way (add-on) to get it to work?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.