GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mozilla"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/09/04 at 11:18
Regular
"Bicycle"
Ugh.

Like the browser. But hate it not working with CSS's scrollbar attribute...

Anyway is there a way (add-on) to get it to work?
Thu 09/09/04 at 09:45
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
cjh wrote:
> Tyla wrote:
> Also, download and install the Web Developer 0.8 & Checky plugin
> for FF.
>
> Do you mean these two,
> [URL]http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=60[/URL]
> and http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/ [space]
> moreinfo.php?id=165&vid=295

>
> I've clicked on the install links, but only get the reloading page
> effect! Any ideas why this could be the case?

1. which version of FF are you using?
2. When/if you last upgraded, did you uninstall the previous one?
3. Are you accessing this using the Extentions manager?

What should happen, is you click linkl, extention manager opens ans it installs. Restart FF, bingo. If your having problems, it's a configuration error from a previous install probably.
Thu 09/09/04 at 09:39
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Tyla wrote:
> Also, download and install the Web Developer 0.8 & Checky plugin
> for FF.

Do you mean these two, [URL]http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=60[/URL] and http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/ [space] moreinfo.php?id=165&vid=295

I've clicked on the install links, but only get the reloading page effect! Any ideas why this could be the case?
Thu 09/09/04 at 09:10
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Nimco wrote:
> Firefox doesn't support the selected="selected attribute either.

Almost died laughing at this. FF is the most standards compliant browser there is. That's the whole point of FF/Moz and their continued development. In fact, they're that standards complaint, they even support CSS3 which hasn't even been finalized yet!

FWIW, any sefl respecting developer/designer should know that when working on edited pagee, refreshing isn't a reliable way of checking things.

I also suggest you use a tool such as Topstyle or DWMX2004 to validate you code in future. It still dials into W3C, but negates the browser element therfore giving a more accurate result.

Also, download and install the Web Developer 0.8 & Checky plugin for FF. Saves a lot of time testing and probably the greatest toolbar ever designed for a browser.
Thu 09/09/04 at 09:05
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Nimco wrote:
> Firefox doesn't support the selected="selected" attribute either.

Yes, it does. Both work fine for me.

For HTML:
For xHTML

As Turbo said, it maybe because you're refreshing, though I find it'll sometimes select a random entry in my selection lists as opposed to my last selection. If you don't have a go button (like me) simply select the address in the address bar and hit enter / return, and that'll load a fresh copy of the page.
Thu 09/09/04 at 07:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I bet you're refreshing the page. Firefox will automatically fill in your last selected element if you refresh. To see the fresh behaviour, press "go".
Wed 08/09/04 at 23:33
Regular
"NULL"
Doesn't work either - and that's not valid xHTML.
Wed 08/09/04 at 23:32
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"

Not rocket science...
Wed 08/09/04 at 23:21
Regular
"NULL"
Firefox doesn't support the selected="selected attribute either. I checked my code with the W3C Validator to make sure I hadn't made a mistake, but Mozilla Firefox wouldn't have any of it. So instead I just had to use a dynamic bit to put the selected option at the top of the list.
Wed 08/09/04 at 19:20
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Well you learn something new everyday
Wed 08/09/04 at 16:55
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Afternoon wrote:
> Shockwave then

lol, shockwave is just a player, you author in Director!;) Still doesn;t fix the scroller issue, but then if your using Director, you could just script it to resize correctly based on screen resolution!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.