GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can the heat affect my CRT monitor?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/09/04 at 23:00
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Im using a clapped uot old 19" monitor until I can afford a nice flatscreen CRT, but today it keeps "refreshing itself" with a clicking noise (the same noise as when you change resolutions or refresh rates) is it the heat (the back does feel quite hot)- or is it time to sell it while it still works?
Mon 13/09/04 at 19:45
Regular
What are you studying?

Nimco also, where are you going, what are you studying?
Mon 13/09/04 at 19:44
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
York - Next month!! Whoo!! Semi mature student.
Mon 13/09/04 at 19:42
Regular
"NULL"
Where you going to Uni next year? Thankfully I've got a flat panel monitor for Uni, but my case is the big-a$$ Thermaltake Xaser III V1000C - 17kg empty - eek!
Mon 13/09/04 at 19:27
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Yep.I'll probably cry when I realise how small my room is :-) If its not a ground floor im in for some heavy lifting.
Mon 13/09/04 at 18:34
"I love yo... lamp."
That's pretty good indeed. You'll probably get all your money back when you sell it in two weeks time when you realise it takes up over a third of your uni accomadation.
Mon 13/09/04 at 18:03
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
D'oh... Ive gone totally overkill.

By accident of course, in the process of searching the town centre for any good deals on those Samsung babies, I err stumbled across a beast of a monitor.(Lunchbreak today)

Second hand and perfectly flat, I investigated further: cranking the resolution up to 1600x1200 it held a perfectly still picture at 85Hz.

I looked at the Price - £99
I looked at the size - 21"
I looked at the make - IBM P260

Several google cycles later it emerged that this discontinued monster is a bit of a legend as far as monitors go...

After work I went straight back and put down a deposit while I figure out what to do with this big piece of junk, due to pick up any day between today and Thursday.weighs in at a whooping 30Kg or so.It also has analog and digital inputs.
Sat 11/09/04 at 22:30
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Im definately swung on either the 957P or the 957MB... I'll check around town to see if there are any locally as this thing has been having an awful lot of seizures lately! Although a certain well respected online retailer is offering it at a bargain £125.

The DELL monitor I mentioned earlier is second hand and would set me back £129!!
Thu 09/09/04 at 23:49
"I love yo... lamp."
tigamilla wrote:
> Cheers for the info Biggles and Adrian, I will do some deep
> googling <- Im sure that's going to be in next year's
> dictionary.

>
> Just one question for Biggles though...
>
> Is that a flat screen monitor?? What's the curvature like if not?

It isn't a flat screen, but it is very close to flat. It's barely noticable. Best monitor I have ever owned by far.
Thu 09/09/04 at 23:22
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
tigamilla wrote:
> Cheers for the info Biggles and Adrian, I will do some deep
> googling <- Im sure that's going to be in next year's
> dictionary.

>
> Just one question for Biggles though...
>
> Is that a flat screen monitor?? What's the curvature like if not?

Looking on Ebuyer the 957P seems to be the same model as the 957MB but instead of having 0.20mm horizontal dot pitch it has 0.22mm.

The 957MB is flat as I am sat in front on one now. What strikes me about this monitor is the clearness and sharpness of the picture. The other thing I like is the MagicBright setting. The MagicBright setting on the 957MB has 3 settings, Text, Internet and Entertainment. Text reduces the brightness and other settings to make the white appear a little dull which takes off the glare so working with white backgrounds isnt hard on the eyes. Internet, brightens things up more while Entertainment gives the picture a more natural look, its amazing to see when playing a DVD or game the difference that occurs.
Thu 09/09/04 at 16:47
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Cheers for the info Biggles and Adrian, I will do some deep googling <- Im sure that's going to be in next year's dictionary.

Just one question for Biggles though...

Is that a flat screen monitor?? What's the curvature like if not?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.