GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Austria v England"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/09/04 at 19:09
Regular
"Colourless"
I'm glad Bridge is starting at left midfield, he deserves a run in the team. It was also pleasing to see it wasn't him that lost his place in the team once Gerrard was passed fit, as Wright-Phillips had been expected to play.

Alan Smith's been on form so I shall expect a lot from him, although I would like to see him partner Defoe at some point.

And if Beckham plays like a Donkey again tonight... then... I'll...I'll... well I dunno what I'll do but I'll be disappointed.

I shall now go and eat, before sitting and watching Joe Cole cry on the bench all evening.
Sun 05/09/04 at 13:44
Regular
"Colourless"
Oh dear...

Ashman please, please tell me you are joking.

Gary Neville, or Genius Neville, as he is know to some, is one of our senior players and does his job well. Occasionally. But no complaints about him.

Lampard lets Gerrard go forward as well as going forward himself, and 5 goals in 7 international games is a pretty good return for a central midfielder. Gerrard is a quality player, and I have no doubts that he deserves his place, and is on of the best centre midfielders in the world, but I think Frank deserves his place and some credit for his performances.

I don't think Rio should be allowed to walk back into the team. I think Sol Campbell and John Terry are both better defenders, and frankly, I think that Rio should start behind King in the pecking order and should have to work his way up again.

WHAT GREAT VISION DAVID BECKHAM. YOU LEGEND. I WISH I COULD PASS THE BALL 3 YARDS TO THE LEFT LIKE YOU!

:P
Sun 05/09/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
good job James isn't the boss, he'd probably drop himself :-D
Sun 05/09/04 at 12:53
Regular
"Monochromatic"
This was inevitable, the moment James co**ed up you knew all the papers would be on him, unfortunatly Sven has put himself into a corner by saying he wouldn't drop Ol' calamity, see this is what happens when you get a foreign manager, surely the name Calamity James is a hint that he might be not be the most reliable of hands.
Sven to stay though, i still think he's a good manager.
Sun 05/09/04 at 12:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Wonder if the Sun are going to start a hate campaign against the linesman for not picking up the Manninger handball now? Ah well he's still got the spirit of Arsenal in him, cheating get :-D
Sun 05/09/04 at 12:18
Regular
lampard is often used as the holding man for england and that is just wrong.
Sun 05/09/04 at 11:13
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
My Thoughts

Lampard - Generally I've never be over impressed with Lampard at International level (however great he is when in thye Prem). Sure he's had some decent games but, as I said, without Gerrard next to him he'd often look a mug when he goes forward and loses the ball (didn't happen as much tonight). We don't carry him at all, but at times he also looks half a yard short of pace. Personally I think (if he hadn't retired) Scholes should be playing Lampard's role, but I guess that's just my take on the matter. He's certainly better than anything else we've got without Scholes, so there's no need to drop him.

Beckham - Absolutely crap in the Euros, and yes he is over-rated. I know. But before then he has had spectacular days, and deserves a chance to re-live them. You're going on about how Lampard's goal set up Owen, well Beckham set up a goal last night, and if he hadn't dummied it so brilliantly we wouldn't have scored. Need I remind you of how he almost single handedly got us in to the last World Cup as well? His form of late hasn't been top, but I watched him in the week for Madrid and he played well. Becks shouldn't, and won't, be dropped for Wednesday.

Gerrard - Being somebody who has watched several Liverpool games this season, I have to say in my opinion this guy is the most in form player in the country. His performances for Liverpool have been class, despite a couple of new donkies arriving there are not doing an awful lot. The way he got moved out to the wing against Bolton because Rafa doesn't like him was also a disgrace. Had he gone for the £30mil, him and Lampard in the middle for Chelsea would have been a very exciting prospect.

Uber-Ledleh - Lil Bro, does he play full back for Spurs sometimes, because I swear I've seen him play there? If so, when Rio and Sol get back he should be playing right back (in short, I think Gary Neville is crap). He's class this guy, and I have to sign my praises for Terry as well, who had an excellent game last night.
Sun 05/09/04 at 07:50
Regular
Why are england so s**t? We should of p!ssed all over a team like austria, but they ended up looking the better team in the second half.
Sun 05/09/04 at 00:02
Regular
Ashman wrote:

> I'm a little concerned about this "DROP BECKS!" as well. He
> looked pretty good tonight,

***passes ashman the tissues****
Sat 04/09/04 at 23:39
Regular
"Colourless"
Lil Bro wrote:
> As the replay showed, Lampard was marked, Defoe did the right thing
> and was unlucky.

Nay. (Yes that is a bit like a horse, though that is spelt "neigh," as all horses will tell you ) ANYWAY.

Had Defoe played Lampard in straight away, he would have been clean through, BUT after he took his first touch, Frank was marked and so he did have to shoot. If he had played it early, number 3 for England....
Sat 04/09/04 at 23:36
Regular
"Colourless"
Ash... what game where you watching....? Frank set up Owen's chance where he should have scored/manninger sent off.

He played against his usual game and sat back at times, letting Gerrard go forward, which usually he doesn't do. Usually he's the one that goes forward.

I also said Gerrard was magnifique. I give credit where credit's due, no matter which team they play for*.

BECKHAM WAS AWFUL. He played like an absolute donkey. He tried so many lofted passes cross-field which didnt reach their destination. He would be so more effective if he just played the simple ball inside sometimes. His corners SUCKED, and were cleared by the first man nearly every time. Drop him Sven please.

And FA, never EVER consider Ashman for the England job :P

*except spurs

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.