GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP out selling DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/01/05 at 11:11
Regular
"and PC user"
There we go, PSP has just out sold DS for the first time.

Many people have waited for years for a console that is not Nintendo with the usual line of of Nintendo games. And the stylus is not going to save the DS. DS just is not powerfull enough to take on PSP. How many years til the GBA2 is released?
Sun 06/02/05 at 20:39
Regular
"kill my enemys"
Tphi wrote:
> Feels fine to me, not that it really bothers me much how a console
> "feels".

it should.if it was a horrible surface it might irritate your hands.
Sun 06/02/05 at 19:17
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Didnt get to feel it, was just saying how it looked to me.
Sun 06/02/05 at 14:28
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Feels fine to me, not that it really bothers me much how a console "feels".
Sun 06/02/05 at 13:08
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It doesn't feel cheap or plasticky to me, it's just that the finish isn't shiny like the PSP. Also you can't shoot the discs out by twisting the console. Hell you can't even twist the console. Disappointing.
Sun 06/02/05 at 11:08
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Was in london yesterday and got to see a DS up close as the staff were playing mario behind the counter. Have to say it did look a bit cheap and plasticky, and talking with the staff they agreed saying that I wasent the first person to say this that day. Couldnt let me have ago thou.
Sun 06/02/05 at 05:06
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Again it is way to early to tell. 70,000 is such a bizarre score to
> acchieve.

True, although Ninty should really be working more to reduce that amount of sales for the PSP. Need some new AAA quality software, now.
Sun 06/02/05 at 00:59
Regular
"8==="
That was preachy.
Sun 06/02/05 at 00:56
Regular
Tphi wrote:

> So the DS is outselling PSP on software despite PSP selling nearly
> twice as many? O_o

You need to remember that the PSP does more than just play games, it seems that we underestimated the ability of PSP's other features. It seems to be grabbing the punters.

You also need to remember that Wario Ware and Mario 64, which are the two DS games in the charts, are far the best of all the DS titles. Therefore they are the main two that get bought.

Whilst The PSP has a wide selection of good solid software.

Which means the PSP's software sales are split evenly amongst them, whilst the DS's software sales are concentrated around Mario 64 DS and Wario Ware.

By the way, Mario 64 DS has now been in the top 10 Japanese charts for over 2 months. That is fantastic from a Nintendo software sales point of view.

Remember Sony only have Wipeout as a first party title on their machine. That's the only piece of software they're making money from and Sony are making a far larger loss on the system than Nintendo are. So even that week of sales, in a PSP Vs. DS war you'll have 2 very happy sides.

Again it is way to early to tell. 70,000 is such a bizarre score to acchieve.
Sat 05/02/05 at 13:37
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> PSP has also increased further in sales, now up to 70,000!
>
> Which is frankly unbelievable, whilst the DS is still at 43,000.
>
> and there is not a single PSP game in the top 10. 2 DS games though.

So the DS is outselling PSP on software despite PSP selling nearly twice as many? O_o
Sat 05/02/05 at 11:23
Regular
I'm not trying to compare, that doesn't matter. I'm just saying that those results are great for the gaming industry as a whole.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.