GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP out selling DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/01/05 at 11:11
Regular
"and PC user"
There we go, PSP has just out sold DS for the first time.

Many people have waited for years for a console that is not Nintendo with the usual line of of Nintendo games. And the stylus is not going to save the DS. DS just is not powerfull enough to take on PSP. How many years til the GBA2 is released?
Mon 24/01/05 at 16:30
Regular
"Nintendo who!"
lcarus wrote:
> A JOKE - much like the DS.

The most sense anyone has said on this thread
Mon 24/01/05 at 16:29
Regular
"and PC user"
Tscore05 wrote:
> A lot of people were infact stunned by the low price point of the PSP.
> Which was a lot closer to the DS than people had predicted and
> represents much better value for money. The PSP can comand a higher
> price because the quality of the materials and the huge screen are
> expensive compared to the cheap plastic toy feel of the DS.

But the DS has that stylus. How can PSP shift more units than DS - EVER, while the DS has this great new feature?

Like I said before, once people have got the choice (rather than just the Nintendo offerings), people will make that choice, and its not like PSP is equal to DS - that would be bad enough for Nintendo, but PSP is better.

And lumping in the GBA_SP numbers to bump up the DS effort, well thats just desperate.
Mon 24/01/05 at 16:27
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Tscore05 wrote:
> the cheap plastic toy feel of the DS.

Once again we come to the argument that everyone always puts across;

Have you actually played either console?

Of course, the answer is no. So to say that the DS has a "cheap plastic toy feel" is quite absurd. The fact that I actually OWN one and have PLAYED with it backs up my point ever-so slightly.

Don't bring the same old arguments up again, I really can't be bothered.
Mon 24/01/05 at 16:14
Macintosh wrote:
> lcarus wrote:
> Eh? The bile thing was a joke. A JOKE.
>
> A JOKE - much like the DS.

Aha, Genius. Tscore, Dringo, you have a lot of catching up to do.
Mon 24/01/05 at 16:14
Regular
"Nintendo who!"
A lot of people were infact stunned by the low price point of the PSP. Which was a lot closer to the DS than people had predicted and represents much better value for money. The PSP can comand a higher price because the quality of the materials and the huge screen are expensive compared to the cheap plastic toy feel of the DS.
Mon 24/01/05 at 16:07
Regular
"and PC user"
Plus, if you want MP3 playback on the DS, you need to spend about £50 more to get the adaptor. PSP doesnt need such an adaptor.

And yes, I can hear all now saying you already have an mp3 player, and its better than using mp3 on a games console. That maybe true, but anyone who doesnt have the games device or the mp3 device may consider a single unit that does both a good starting point.
Mon 24/01/05 at 16:04
Regular
"Two year break!"
Erm, the DS is expected to be £100 and the PSP around £180 (or £220 for the value pack).

That's quite a big difference!

I agree, if people want it, they'll pay it. I paid almost £300 for my iPod and the same for my SonyEricsson P910i. And I don't regret either for a second.
Mon 24/01/05 at 16:02
Regular
"and PC user"
Not that much, but in any case, in the long run, and in the UK, the higher price of PSP wont make much difference. People will still buy it. I mean, the VW Golf is more expensive than it's rivals, but its still the car most people would like to own. iPod has a high price tag, but still, people buy it, and its the most wanted product in that sector.
Mon 24/01/05 at 15:47
Regular
"Nintendo who!"
How much more is the PSP than the DS?
Mon 24/01/05 at 15:35
Regular
"Two year break!"
Tscore05 wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
>
> It'll be the must own device this Christmas. Beating the PSP.
>
> The lastest hardware sales from Japan have PSP ahead on 31% compared
> to the 25% of the DS twonk.

However cumulative sales put the DS WAY ahead of the PSP at present (and I honestly believe that's predominantly down to the price difference).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.