GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hardening finger tips?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/08/04 at 22:09
Regular
Any tried and tested ways? My acousticy guitar's strings are pretty high off the frets as it is, getting rather painful to play for long.. anyone with experience in fingertip toughening etc?

Superglue and Dog Paw Hardener I've heard of, but er, anything else?
Tue 31/08/04 at 18:12
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I play bass and use finger-picking, and I always get blisters where the nail meets the skin on my main picking finger. Interesting I know.
Tue 31/08/04 at 12:24
"I love yo... lamp."
Or you could go the Iommi route of having plastic fused to the end of your fingers...
Tue 31/08/04 at 11:36
Regular
blnbannkk yoouy fugkkingn babstttsard thesrs bllododd evarertywheara arghhn wnakknnerkr ,fdlm,[;,
Tue 31/08/04 at 00:57
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The only proven method is to cut the ends of your fingers off. If they regrow, do it again. TRUST ME.
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:07
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I used to try to sped things up with surgical spirit, but it was too much hassle to keep doing it, thus rendering my fingers useless to do anything else for a while. Just keep playing. Hell, you might even get good with all the practise :p
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
lol... I have a similar problem, but keep playing and they'll get harder. I play bass though, so I suppose it was unavoidable.
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:30
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Just need to keep playing and they harden up.

Maybe thats the secret to impotence
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:23
Regular
Nah, Like everyone else has stated, keep at it.

Don't try "pressing down extra hard" to make them harden up quicker, it'll just cause you pain.

Just play as you are most comfortable and eventually, they'll be as solid as a rock :-)
Mon 30/08/04 at 03:04
"I love yo... lamp."
The most effective way is to use your notable colour. In other words, pee on your own fingers.

Failing that, try dipping them in meths. Can hurt, but it works. I used cheat methods like that when I started playing again after a couple of years.
Sun 29/08/04 at 23:56
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I used to play classical guitar (had to give it up when I was 15) and I could never rub my eye with the fingers on my left hand because the tips were too rough and I couldn't use my right hand because I had long finger nails.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.