GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hardening finger tips?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/08/04 at 22:09
Regular
Any tried and tested ways? My acousticy guitar's strings are pretty high off the frets as it is, getting rather painful to play for long.. anyone with experience in fingertip toughening etc?

Superglue and Dog Paw Hardener I've heard of, but er, anything else?
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:10
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Aoe wrote:
> My bands basist fingers, and he's having to use a pick for our next
> gig cause he's got some blisters from so much practise :D

Evidently not hardcore enough. ;)
I'm just pants with a pick anyway, so I have to be hardcore enough to finger-pick regardless of blisters... :|
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:03
Regular
I get blisters all over my thumb quite a bit, I pick and strum with the side of my thumb mostly, fingers for anything inbetween (if I generate enough brain power to do so)
Tue 31/08/04 at 20:46
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Any tried and tested ways? My acousticy guitar's strings are pretty
> high off the frets as it is, getting rather painful to play for
> long.. anyone with experience in fingertip toughening etc?

Using heavier strings will do it quicker, but some people (myself included) prefer the feel and sound of lighter guage strings. I use Ernie Ball 0.009s - 0.042 and theyre perfect.
Tue 31/08/04 at 19:55
Regular
"\\"
My bands basist fingers, and he's having to use a pick for our next gig cause he's got some blisters from so much practise :D
Tue 31/08/04 at 19:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've just started playing bass with a band, and it's great fun. Never thought I'd have this much fun playing second fiddle to another guitarist, but to be honest I'm doing tapping, muting and even some shredding on a bass, and it's working really well! They only want to play covers at the moment for a gig, but if we write our own stuff I'll buy a crown and call myself the new King of Funk.
Tue 31/08/04 at 19:11
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Sibs wrote:
> I play bass and use finger-picking, and I always get blisters where
> the nail meets the skin on my main picking finger. Interesting I
> know.

I know all about that. I don't play bass but I do own one and on the odd occasion I want to learn a funky bass line I find all my guitar picks are far too thin so end up finger picking it, and since I don't play it often the skin's always too soft and at the very least I end up with very sore fingertips. Of course if I could play left handed and pick with my supertough left hand fingertips I'd be away...
Tue 31/08/04 at 18:40
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Sibs wrote:
> I play bass and use finger-picking, and I always get blisters where
> the nail meets the skin on my main picking finger. Interesting I
> know.

Sounds nasty.... I appear to be luckier, I just got worn skin which has begun to get thicker...
Tue 31/08/04 at 18:28
Regular
I have metal fingertips.
Tue 31/08/04 at 18:27
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
The drunken Terd wrote:
> Ryna of MuDvAyNe glues is finger together for Bass.

What an idiot.
Tue 31/08/04 at 18:25
"Metal Head"
Ryan of MuDvAyNe glues is finger together for Bass.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.