GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Black People + Running."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/08/04 at 12:26
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Why are black people generally better at running than white people? Anyone offer a reason?
Fri 27/08/04 at 16:29
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> A better way to put it would "persons from that region", as
> that is what they are.

Well, technically you should say African or Afro-Caribbean, but I can't see the problem with labelling people Black, White, Asian or whatever.

If I was the only white person in a group of black people, I would have no problem whatsoever being called white, or 'the white guy'. As long as there are no untoward prejudices or judgements that go with that term, I really can't see the problem with being identified by your skin colour. Hell, you should be proud of your colour and your racial background.

I can understand certain highly racist terms which I need not mention, which have been used extensively in the past, particularly concerning slavery and other humanitarian atrocities, being very offensive to people (despite the fact that most hip-hop artists are keen to keep such words in the english language). But finding the terms 'Black' or 'White' offensive is just political correctness turned to political paranoia.
Fri 27/08/04 at 16:19
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Ah, but have you noticed that most female shot-putters are actually
> men?

:D
Fri 27/08/04 at 16:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ah, but have you noticed that most female shot-putters are actually men?
Fri 27/08/04 at 16:17
Regular
Hmmm, someone has tampered with my post, methinks....
Fri 27/08/04 at 16:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Your Honour wrote:
> Ah, but have you noticed most speak chuckers at the olympics are
> white?
>
> Strange that, when you think about it....

Ventriloquism's an event now?
Fri 27/08/04 at 16:15
Regular
Ah, but have you noticed most spear chuckers at the olympics are white?

Strange that, when you think about it....
Fri 27/08/04 at 15:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
A better way to put it would "persons from that region", as that is what they are.
Fri 27/08/04 at 15:20
Regular
"I ush!"
Strafio wrote:
> ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> It's not racist to note differences between the various races. It's
> only racist if you use these differences as a way to discriminate
> against those races in a negative way.
>
> It's only like me noting that most oriental people are, as far as
> averages go, shorter in height than other races.
>
> Yeah.
>
> I think it's important to keep a grip on this.
> It's amazing how racist or sexist PC Militants can be.

I just wish people would wake up and realise that different sexes and races are just that, different, and that they are different for reasons beyond those that have been categorised such as skin colour, religion or whether you keep your bits mostly on the inside or the outside.
Fri 27/08/04 at 15:17
Regular
"I ush!"
I was told that black people have more red muscle fibres and less white muscle fibres that white people. Red muscle fibres are explosive but tire easily. White muscle fibres have more stamina (think red meat and white meat in a chicken, except its the other way round. White meat (or muscles) for explosive (flying if they weren't too fat) and darker meat in the legs for standing around.

Black people also have elongated achilles tendons. All this means that they are better at covering short distances fast than white people are.
Not sure about the long distances but you'll notice that far more white people are able to compete in those.

The thing about hunting could be genetic, but not a hunting gene. In order to be good at hunting you need certain qualities that you also need for running. If you don't have those qualities you don't eat and you die, and your "poor hunting" genes are eliminated from the gene pool, which goes on until society evolves the "good hunting" genes into "good medal winning" genes.
Fri 27/08/04 at 15:10
Regular
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> It's not racist to note differences between the various races. It's
> only racist if you use these differences as a way to discriminate
> against those races in a negative way.
>
> It's only like me noting that most oriental people are, as far as
> averages go, shorter in height than other races.

Yeah.

I think it's important to keep a grip on this.
It's amazing how racist or sexist PC Militants can be.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.