GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Black People + Running."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/08/04 at 12:26
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Why are black people generally better at running than white people? Anyone offer a reason?
Thu 02/09/04 at 13:20
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
«Grëén ƒérð¢it¥» wrote:
> This may already have beenmentioned, but I cant be bothered to read
> all the posts. Anyway, I reckon its because black people usually have
> biigger nostrils so can breath better, hence making them quicker.

Racist or retarded?
Thu 02/09/04 at 13:01
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
You're an idiot.
Thu 02/09/04 at 11:45
Regular
This may already have beenmentioned, but I cant be bothered to read all the posts. Anyway, I reckon its because black people usually have biigger nostrils so can breath better, hence making them quicker.
Tue 31/08/04 at 17:27
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> But that wouldn't be passed on through Genes, man.

Yes it would, in a way.
If for hundreds of yuears, generations of a family ran and ran and ran, their decendants would slowly evolve to be better runners, if an entire family ran long distance for thousands of years, then eventually, they'd have better bone structures for running, and probably bigger lungs for breathing, etc.

It's liek that.
Mon 30/08/04 at 09:41
Regular
"I ush!"
http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0416.htm

This article outlines differences physique in terms of bone structure, height, weight and body fat percentage, and lower blood lactate levels (less fatigue) which it attributes to either different high intensity training and different type IIA muscle cells which deal with fatigue far better for distance.
Mon 30/08/04 at 09:00
Regular
"I ush!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Genetically, race doesn't even exist - so it can't be anything to do
> with that.

I'm not sure what you're saying here but I think you've got it the wrong way round.

Your race doesn't dictate your genetics, so as you say, genetically race doesn't exist, but your genetics dictate your race.
Mon 30/08/04 at 08:57
Regular
"I ush!"
Lil Ginge wrote:
>
> ....I doubt it did you not see paula radcliffe when she last pulled
> out!? when she was out in front it was her and i think two other
> white women the commentator even said how she gotta be careful for
> the amount of afrcans behind her...
>
> he worded it strangely but obviously getting at the point they were
> some of the most renound long distance runners!

Or just the most renound (any distance) runners?

Look at the competition in distance running and compare it to sprinting.
There are relatively few white sprinters because black people are simply better designed for the reasons I've given.

Now look at the competition for distance runners and you'll see that the split between different races is pretty even. This is probably because the advantages play less of an effect over long distance. Tactics come in to play and it's not often that it really comes down to a footrace to the finish line. Those are the factors that make white people able to compete.

Now I'm speculating about the commentators. They were probably simply refering to the africans track record. He clearly wasn't refering to africans as a nation. Perhaps he was worried that unless Paula dominated as she does when she usually wins the africans would beat them with their sprinty type finishes anyway. Besides, have you seen how fast they are going when they're going slowly?!?

Besides there are other reasons to refer to a nation. Things like population, economy, culture, government backing and infrastructure in sport. Those are the main reasons why America wins so many medals.
Sun 29/08/04 at 22:10
"period drama"
Genetically, race doesn't even exist - so it can't be anything to do with that.
Sun 29/08/04 at 21:27
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
ive always wondered this too
Sun 29/08/04 at 20:38
Regular
"Light of the world"
Simon Says wrote:
> I was told that black people have more red muscle fibres and less
> white muscle fibres that white people. Red muscle fibres are
> explosive but tire easily. White muscle fibres have more stamina
> (think red meat and white meat in a chicken, except its the other way
> round. White meat (or muscles) for explosive (flying if they weren't
> too fat) and darker meat in the legs for standing around.
>
> Black people also have elongated achilles tendons. All this means
> that they are better at covering short distances fast than white
> people are.
> Not sure about the long distances but you'll notice that far more
> white people are able to compete in those.
>
....I doubt it did you not see paula radcliffe when she last pulled out!? when she was out in front it was her and i think two other white women the commentator even said how she gotta be careful for the amount of afrcans behind her...

he worded it strangely but obviously getting at the point they were some of the most renound long distance runners!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.