GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EGAD: Write A Forum Walkthrough"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/08/04 at 12:17
Regular
"serenity now!"
Another free game up for grabs - best walkthrough/guide gets the prize. I'll let Silent Thunder give you the lowdown:

A walkthrough for the forums. Maybe it could help all the nice JATs and newbies by getting to know all the users. Basically you take the whole list of posters, I think the top posters for the last 30 days would be best as these guys and gals are still around and write a little guide to them. Whether it be they eat newbies or adore them and what forums they hang out in etc. It would be nothing personal like "They like chips and pizza" because well.. it's the Internet. Just a little friendly guide to all the users.

Also when ether a JAT / Newbie signs up they will probably feel slightly overwhelmed, this can easily be solved with a guide to the forums and how to get started. And where to post certain topics etc.

And like all the Extra GADs you obviously won't want it to be too serious so the guides would try to be comical and slightly 'wacky' as it were. Also improving the atmosphere of the forums to new users, if they see a serious walkthrough / guide to the users and forums they will think: boring. But seeing a funny one will make them want to stay because ukchatforums.com is a fun, friendly place.

So a summary:

> A guide to all the forums on ukchatforums.com, what to post where etc.

> A guide to the top 100 posters in the last 30 days or something a long these lines - just make sure the guide covers all the members who are still around.

> A guide / walkthrough how to get started at ukchatforums.com E.g. Introduce yourself in General Chat

You guide won't have to follow this exact structure, but gives you a good idea of what we're looking for.

Best entry will of course win a game of your choice and hopefully see your thread stickied for all to see.

Closing date is 10pm on October 14th.

Good luck to all who choose to enter!
Page:
Thu 14/10/04 at 21:12
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
*fills his pants*
Thu 14/10/04 at 20:14
Regular
"boom boom click"
1 Hour 45 mins to go!
Thu 14/10/04 at 19:11
Regular
"boom boom click"
me too
Thu 14/10/04 at 13:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> I really hope Solskjær doesn't win.

How can you say such a thing?

I agree
Wed 13/10/04 at 23:43
"period drama"
OooH! I'm so excited!
I hope I win.

Also: kill this person:
:
:

satans little helper wrote:
> 21 FinalFantasyFanatic : As you can tell, final fantasy fanatic.

OMG! It's so obvious.
It's like Memo's wit crawled from his groin and smeared itself onto my soul.
Wed 13/10/04 at 18:11
Regular
"Teal'c"
I really hope Solskjær doesn't win.
Wed 13/10/04 at 16:59
Regular
"boom boom click"
Rubber Johnny wrote:
> im a homo.
Wed 13/10/04 at 13:31
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Welcome to the Forums!

Hello there! And may I be the first forum regular to welcome you to these forums at ukchatforums.com. I'm also here, having written this, to give you a brief insight into general life in the forums; what you should come to expect; how to get started and all you need know to give the right first-impressions.

Now, it might sound rather 'obvious', but you have only "Just Arrived" here, and you will have to accept the fact that you are new if you want things to go smoothly. First-impressions can count for everything - especially in this place! From Day 1, you'll meet all-sorts of weird-and-wonderful users once in the very shoes you are wearing right now. The last thing you want to do is to upset even one of them. Do enough to annoy one person and, like a swarm of bees defending their queen, you'll have done enough to upset them all.

So, when you first come to post - in whichever forum it may be - make sure you think about when you're going to say. A simple "Hi, my name is..." in General Chat will do for starters. Try to keep it fairly simple. Introducing yourself, not giving away too much, just like you would to a new friend in real life.
After the introduction, you'll be wanting to engage in a range of conversations with all-sorts of people who share your common interests.

Now, this is where these forums get good. You may be looking at the website of a fast-growing games retailer, but you can talk about almost anything here. You're not at all only restricted to listing your favourite games.

For a whole manner of random subjects and whatever SHEEPY ate for breakfast this morning, there's a General Chat forum, just for that (and more). The Future of Gaming (Chat) forum once ran in a very similar way but, now, its general usage comes from Newbies and other users with opinions on Gaming that may be aren't quite up-to-scratch for 'Prime' regulars, just yet.
This is where you'll find the serious thinkers among us, with converstations on Gaming you would probably come to associate with those of a professional.

If you're mad on your football (like I am!), then you'll be heading to the Sport forum on a Monday morning to get you're feelings heard following your team's ups-or-downs from the weekend gone-by. (And yes, before you ask - you are allowed to talk about more than 'just' footie in there!)
There's a place for you to chat about that film you saw last night that well and truly "sucked". A recent DVD you bought. A book you read and enjoyed?(!) Or perhaps what was on the telly last night - unless it's EastEnders!
Do you like Wrestling? A lot of people seem to bear great dislike for it, but if you're into that kind of thing, you and the other 5 people left on this planet with a taste for big, hairy, sweaty men rolling over each other can find 'sanctuary' amongst the WWE pages.
And, if Tony Blair's upset you, you need reassurance on your life or you just want some intellegent answers on something in the world today, there's a forum for you that covers Life and... just about Everything you might have to say.

Like I said, this is primarily a games website, and so, you'll find more forums than you could possibly handle at first-sight if it's the latest games you really share a passion for. The titles for each one say it all, really. SONY, Nintendo, PC Gaming, Microsoft and X-Box... You can even reminisce over times-gone-by in the Classic Games and Consoles forum and why Sonic the Hedgehog was far better 10-years-ago.

If ever you need any help on these forums, you only have to ask!
Whether it be a quick question in General Chat, or even technical query for one of the entertaining staff members (when they should be working...?) - help is always at hand, whenever you need it. YES, even at 4:00 in the morning (...you'll probably meet Mystique around then). Failing that, there's always the Web Design, PC, Internet and Freeloa one; if you're really stuck in a rut with a relevant problem or need.

Wherever you go; whatever you say; please, try to say it clearly - and in English.
This isn't a mobile. You've a keyboard full of a million different possibilities infront of you, it's not that hard to make the most of it. You'll gain more respect this way (unlike half the spamming idiots who arrive here on a regular basis).
And that's another thing I'd like to point out - no SPAM, please. You only have to say it once. Nobody likes a mess. You'll only get yourself a yellow card, and then, before you know it, you'll be gone. The same applies to swearing - I doubt you get away with it at home or in school, so please, don't do it on here, either. Any serious form of offense and you could be on your bike, kid!

Following these guidelines and generally making conversations; contributing to the pages while having a laugh in-between; you'll come to feel a love for these forums, enjoy meeting these people, always coming back; always wanting more.

And I haven't even mentoned 'Game-a-Day' - the one thing that probably attracted you here in the first place!

"You'll come for the free games - but you'll stay for the chat."
- Somewhat of a prophecy of ukchatforums.com .
Wed 13/10/04 at 10:14
Regular
you homo.
Tue 12/10/04 at 22:22
Regular
"boom boom click"
more of a hint than a walkthrough but by god is it true.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.