GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EGAD: Write A Forum Walkthrough"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/08/04 at 12:17
Regular
"serenity now!"
Another free game up for grabs - best walkthrough/guide gets the prize. I'll let Silent Thunder give you the lowdown:

A walkthrough for the forums. Maybe it could help all the nice JATs and newbies by getting to know all the users. Basically you take the whole list of posters, I think the top posters for the last 30 days would be best as these guys and gals are still around and write a little guide to them. Whether it be they eat newbies or adore them and what forums they hang out in etc. It would be nothing personal like "They like chips and pizza" because well.. it's the Internet. Just a little friendly guide to all the users.

Also when ether a JAT / Newbie signs up they will probably feel slightly overwhelmed, this can easily be solved with a guide to the forums and how to get started. And where to post certain topics etc.

And like all the Extra GADs you obviously won't want it to be too serious so the guides would try to be comical and slightly 'wacky' as it were. Also improving the atmosphere of the forums to new users, if they see a serious walkthrough / guide to the users and forums they will think: boring. But seeing a funny one will make them want to stay because ukchatforums.com is a fun, friendly place.

So a summary:

> A guide to all the forums on ukchatforums.com, what to post where etc.

> A guide to the top 100 posters in the last 30 days or something a long these lines - just make sure the guide covers all the members who are still around.

> A guide / walkthrough how to get started at ukchatforums.com E.g. Introduce yourself in General Chat

You guide won't have to follow this exact structure, but gives you a good idea of what we're looking for.

Best entry will of course win a game of your choice and hopefully see your thread stickied for all to see.

Closing date is 10pm on October 14th.

Good luck to all who choose to enter!
Page:
Wed 27/10/04 at 21:21
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Nobody will read it? That's not true - I've read it several times myself, and each time I learn something new about the forum.
Tue 26/10/04 at 16:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I did say no offence, and its not like i grudge you the GAD, its just that i question the usefulness of something nobody will read.

*Shrugs*
Tue 26/10/04 at 15:56
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Blank!

You're alive!
Tue 26/10/04 at 15:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I haven't read any but I'm sure you deserved it.

Don't cry now.
Tue 26/10/04 at 15:54
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
cookie monster wrote:
> No offence to blank, but come on its almost a bloody novel!

> Nobody in their right mind will read all that.

phi11ipa wrote:
> Mine was better, he stole all my ideas.

Jonathan Nash wrote:
> I hereby conlude that stance_no_brain has no eyes.

Apple Crumble:
> gerrid should have won.

Cyclone:
> I re-iterate again that this is the most utterly useless thing ever done in the history of man.

Wow, I guess it's times like these when you find out who your friends are.
Sun 17/10/04 at 18:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I re-iterate again that this is the most utterly useless thing ever done in the history of man.
Sun 17/10/04 at 01:27
Regular
Christ!

Blank has/had way too much time on his hands.
Sat 16/10/04 at 18:46
Regular
"Long time no see!"
A "well done" to Blank, from me. :)

As soon as I posted my own attempt, I instantly wrote it's chances off again on the basis it would simply be far too long. Yet, you've managed to surprise myself and many others - though, you did a very good job of making it interesting to read and very through-flowing. It made you smile in places, too - which, also gives a basic impression of these forums in general; aswell as letting you know what you're in for.

---

Personally, after looking at the winning entry, I only see this as a competiton - and chance of a GAD - that someone very humorous in their writing would've lapped up, had they taken their chance.
Sat 16/10/04 at 13:52
Regular
"gaybys sucks wang"
Lucy-Jane wrote:
> i agree it was good. however wasnt the best i had read.

Is it not obvious what she's talking about?
Sat 16/10/04 at 13:16
Regular
"\\"
SHEEPY wrote:
> What a crappy competition

Lucy-Jane wrote:
> i agree it was good.

Umm... What?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.