GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Last book you read..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/08/04 at 23:07
Regular
This forum has too few people talking about books, sadly enough.

What was the last book you read? Or what are you currently reading?

Go ahead, tell us. Mention anything you'd recommend if you want.
Wed 25/08/04 at 23:07
Regular
This forum has too few people talking about books, sadly enough.

What was the last book you read? Or what are you currently reading?

Go ahead, tell us. Mention anything you'd recommend if you want.
Wed 25/08/04 at 23:09
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
the last book i read was about 8 years ago I think, and I was forced to read it in school!
Wed 25/08/04 at 23:09
Regular
"\\"
I just finished LOTR... Started on the simiarillion... Got bored, never got past the first page.
Wed 25/08/04 at 23:10
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Popcorn - Ben Elton
Wed 25/08/04 at 23:11
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
yeah ive got an old copy of Lord of the rings which I recently found in the loft. I read the first couple of pages, then thought, I may aswel jst watch the films again! I would love to read the book cos Ive heard theres so much more to it than the films, but I just havent got the patience or the time!
Wed 25/08/04 at 23:11
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
You Shall Know Our Velocity : Dave Eggars
Wed 25/08/04 at 23:13
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
god i've read so many books in the last month. I love reading; means that i can imagine what is actually going on than what is put into a movie. here is a list of the many books ive read over the last month:

- Cross of the Iron by Willie Heinreich
- Bram Stoker's Dracula
- Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
- All Quite on the Western Front
- D-Day/Pegasus Bridge by Stephen E. Ambrose
Wed 25/08/04 at 23:15
Regular
Last book I read was The Dark Side of the Sun by Terry Pratchett. Not bad, but certainly not his best - it seemed somewhat too cramped and rushed for a story that had such an epic feel, and it would've been nice to have more exploration of the rich and imaginative world he created.

In the first half, he spent a little too much time on the science and not enough on the fiction - which is more noticeable when the book opens up into some good, solid adventure stuff in the second half. The characterisation was poor, bet it was the key principles and thoughts in the book that were the most interesting, such as future-predicting probability and limitations of thought.

Although not quite as funny as usual, his parody on the genre and humorous references towards other popular aspects and objects of the world we know are amusing if not laugh-out-loud. I wouldn't particularly recommend it, but if you're a Pratchett or science fiction fan, it might be worth considering given its rather small size.
Regular
"\\"
Puddleface wrote:
> yeah ive got an old copy of Lord of the rings which I recently found
> in the loft. I read the first couple of pages, then thought, I may
> aswel jst watch the films again! I would love to read the book cos
> Ive heard theres so much more to it than the films, but I just havent
> got the patience or the time!

The books are better than the films. Yes.
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Halo - Fall of Reach

:p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.