GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Last book you read..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/08/04 at 23:07
Regular
This forum has too few people talking about books, sadly enough.

What was the last book you read? Or what are you currently reading?

Go ahead, tell us. Mention anything you'd recommend if you want.
Fri 27/08/04 at 12:44
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Damn them to hell.
Fri 27/08/04 at 12:45
Regular
"Not a Jew"
J-42 wrote:
> Anyone read "Ruby in the smoke"?

Yeah - the fat man in the wheelchair? Read it about 3 years ago, can't remember it much. By Philip Pullman? Preferred his Amber Spyglass stuff.
Fri 27/08/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I've heard its good, I've got "The Tigr in the well" which is the sequel, and I was wondering whether it was worth getting.

I've read "His Dark materials" - They're fantastic. Hopefully the films will be good, but I dont know much about that.
Fri 27/08/04 at 12:51
Regular
"Not a Jew"
His Dark Materials is better than Ruby and Tiger in the Well, but they are okay though. Not really sci fi/fantasy but more of a period type thing, 19th century England. I think.
Fri 27/08/04 at 12:53
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Ok, cheers.
Sun 29/08/04 at 14:25
Regular
Currently reading A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson.

Really interesting. Well written.
Sun 29/08/04 at 15:33
Regular
"Better Than You"
Two Weeks with the Queen (forgot the author) by my self just before six week holidays. This is good and is the first book I found a little sad at parts. But funny at others so is good.

And then there was Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Vernes, which we finished reading in Eng;ish but had to skip a little bit to read and both are good. This is a 1870's or some thing book and I thought it would be boring but actually is very interesting and shows things that happened back then. Especially how racist people were.

The book I read before was Skellig (forgot the author again), but that one is very good and would reccomend it. It is not too long though but once you start reading it you can't stop. This book is not normal but is good for it being that way. Best out of the three.

Need to get some thing to read as I haven't really read this six weeks. Might go down to the libary as I don't want to read any of my books.
Sun 29/08/04 at 17:05
Regular
The Book of Salt by Monique Truong--fictional narrative of the real Vietnamese cook who worked for mesdames Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas in the demi-monde of Paris in 1934. P.S. The "man on the bridge" is Ho Chi Minh, in Paris to talk to US president Woodrow Wilson, who wouldn't receive him because he's "black" (ie not white!)

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides--Best read in a year! To summarize the plot is to diminish its importance with purient details (family saga of Greek family in Detroit, MI as narrated by a hermaphrodite). It references everything from Homer to Joyce to Motown to the transgender world of San Francisco. Having lived in both cities, and still in the Bay Area, it blew me away!
Sun 29/08/04 at 17:27
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
medal of honor rising sun manual.
Sun 29/08/04 at 17:53
Regular
Ice bound by Dean Koontz. Originally published in 1981 called Prison of ice. Written under the sydonym of David Axton.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.