GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Special Reserve don't know how to rate games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/05/01 at 21:09
Regular
Yes its true. The Special Reserve blokes DON'T know how to rate games.
They are worst at rating N64. So lets take some N64 games.

Carmageddon: N64 mag say: Absoulate dog Terd. 8%
Special Reserve say: Carm-and-geddit 90%. Right.
That is bad. Carmageddon is the worst N64 game. Horrible graphics. Awful gameplay. N64 mag got the rating right - Reserve didn't. The best thing to do with Carmageddon (if you actually waste the odd £20 on it which i wouldn't), is to put it in the freezer.......for around -6 Degrees for around 6 hours.

I don't have as much against this rating but anyway.
Mario 64: N64 mag say: A well deserved 96%
The reserve boys' say: 100%
YOU IDIOTS! NO GAME IN GAMING HISTORY CAN POSSIBLY BE PERFECT!!! THINK ABOUT IT!

I like Special Reserve, I buy my games off them. But no offence to you, but your ratings are the worst anywhere in the world. YOU ARE COMPLETE IDIOTS!!!

They do it with their DVD's as well!
Mystery Men, I saw that movie - it was a PG. Yes it had the odd guy who farted in another guys face, but Special Resesve don't have to rate it 15 for crying out loud!!!

All of you have had to have seen the movie Armageddon right?
Its rated 12 isn't it? WELL SPECIAL RESERVE RATE IT A 15!?

THEY DID THE SMAE WITH THE NUTTY PROFESSOR (15), THREE KINGS
(15), MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 1 (15)!? MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 2(18)?!
U-571 (15)?! MEN IN BLACK (15)?!
THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!
Special Reserve are excellent when it gets to Gaming, gadgets - everything.
But they'd be almost perfect if they got they're ratings fixed.
Do what I say, you Special Reserve people.
Thu 03/05/01 at 11:37
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
It's not that they have to give the game a good review to sell them, carmageddon is free anyway!? the fact is they point out the positive parts of the game and leave the negative side out of it, not a bad idea, I think SR do a good job of advertising the games, but I personally think that the gamer's reviews are better, only because they have a different perspective of them.
Thu 03/05/01 at 11:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And some of the titles and chart position.

If you look, "The Erotic Witch Project" is selling well.
Surely a mistake.
Thu 03/05/01 at 10:21
However, I believe we may have made some mistakes with the DVD certificates. I have asked our buying team to double check them.
Thu 03/05/01 at 01:23
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Me thinks we won't be seeing Meeky on the gameaday winners list for awhile ;-))

Wed 02/05/01 at 22:49
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Special Reserve does not apply any ratings to games.

Sometimes we rate posts on these forums and I rate yours at "F Minus".

All the ratings on our games come from games magazines.

All the rantings in your post suggest that you have been subject to the wrong influences in your life. You will learn your lessons the hard way.

We don't mind a little criticism, we even encourage it from time to time. We ask people on these forums for feedback.

All we expect is POLITENESS.
Wed 02/05/01 at 22:28
Regular
"You've upset me"
Not a good day today:

I've done some permanent damage to my ankle and won't be able to swim again. D'oh!!!!!
Wed 02/05/01 at 22:27
If you give a game a bad review do you think they will sell. There idea if to make you buy
Wed 02/05/01 at 22:21
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Didnt they used to say that they went through the months releases and selected the best...???

So its kinda reviews of this months reccomended releases?

Wed 02/05/01 at 22:17
Regular
"You've upset me"
Sorry Meeky, but i have to agree with Rakuga on this one. NOM is the official magazine. I rest MY case.
Wed 02/05/01 at 22:14
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
and your comparing it to NOM? A magazine that rates South Park as one of the best games ever?
I rest my point.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.