GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Special Reserve don't know how to rate games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/05/01 at 21:09
Regular
Yes its true. The Special Reserve blokes DON'T know how to rate games.
They are worst at rating N64. So lets take some N64 games.

Carmageddon: N64 mag say: Absoulate dog Terd. 8%
Special Reserve say: Carm-and-geddit 90%. Right.
That is bad. Carmageddon is the worst N64 game. Horrible graphics. Awful gameplay. N64 mag got the rating right - Reserve didn't. The best thing to do with Carmageddon (if you actually waste the odd £20 on it which i wouldn't), is to put it in the freezer.......for around -6 Degrees for around 6 hours.

I don't have as much against this rating but anyway.
Mario 64: N64 mag say: A well deserved 96%
The reserve boys' say: 100%
YOU IDIOTS! NO GAME IN GAMING HISTORY CAN POSSIBLY BE PERFECT!!! THINK ABOUT IT!

I like Special Reserve, I buy my games off them. But no offence to you, but your ratings are the worst anywhere in the world. YOU ARE COMPLETE IDIOTS!!!

They do it with their DVD's as well!
Mystery Men, I saw that movie - it was a PG. Yes it had the odd guy who farted in another guys face, but Special Resesve don't have to rate it 15 for crying out loud!!!

All of you have had to have seen the movie Armageddon right?
Its rated 12 isn't it? WELL SPECIAL RESERVE RATE IT A 15!?

THEY DID THE SMAE WITH THE NUTTY PROFESSOR (15), THREE KINGS
(15), MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 1 (15)!? MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 2(18)?!
U-571 (15)?! MEN IN BLACK (15)?!
THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!
Special Reserve are excellent when it gets to Gaming, gadgets - everything.
But they'd be almost perfect if they got they're ratings fixed.
Do what I say, you Special Reserve people.
Thu 03/05/01 at 17:53
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
I know that people have probably stopped reading this post, but here is my opinion:
Special Reserve are in the business to sell games (among other gizmos and gadgets) so would it make business sense to say how bad a game is? I don't think so, they merely write about games and say what they found cool about it. Magazines however are in the business to sell magazines so it doesn't matter if they call a game the worst piece of cow manure to be put into a computer or not. Special Reserve are good at what they do and I think their reviewers are fair in their views of the game they review.

Another point is that everyone is different, what is great to some people may be trash to others. Therefore a review may only guide people yet it doesn't really mean much. For example Half-life or Black & White might be the greatest games ever made and score high above 90% but this means nothing if you don't like a game. In a way a computer game (like most things) is like marmite, you either love it or hate it and no review will make you change your mind.
Thu 03/05/01 at 17:14
> I find Audi to be stylish, safe and reliable.
> Can I have a TT please?

No. You may have a Citroen 2CV, though. I find the 2CV to be haphazard, bouncy and idiosyncratic - definitely the sign of a good marque. You can keep your Germanic quality and style. I mean, 9 out of 10 French farmers can't be wrong, can they?

;-)
Thu 03/05/01 at 16:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok I admit it.

I've been buying The Erotic Witch Project just to bump it up the charts and talking up Train Simulator because I have stock in Microsoft.

There, now leave me alone ok?

*runs sobbing off into distance*
Thu 03/05/01 at 16:30
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Goatboy wrote:
> Hello.

I bought Train Simulator and Erotic Witch
> Project.

Hello?...where are my friends?...hello?

NO - HE MEANS IT!!!
Thu 03/05/01 at 16:22
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hello.

I bought Train Simulator and Erotic Witch Project.

Hello?...where are my friends?...hello?
Thu 03/05/01 at 16:16
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Goatboy wrote:
> And some of the titles and chart position.

If you look, "The
> Erotic Witch Project" is selling well.
Surely a mistake.

The charts are generated automatically based on actual sales performance of individual units send or sold to the public.

i.e. it's true.
Thu 03/05/01 at 14:30
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
We have invisible vinegar!

:P

Nice though.
Thu 03/05/01 at 14:22
Regular
"You've upset me"
mmmmmmm, Invisible Cola
Thu 03/05/01 at 14:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I find Audi to be stylish, safe and reliable.

Can I have a TT please?
Thu 03/05/01 at 13:59
Dont dis special reserve cause they are the best! If you want decent, honest reviews then read the ones posted by people who bought the gamel. Once again i say, special reserve are the best.................1 free game please!!!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.