GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Special Reserve don't know how to rate games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/05/01 at 21:09
Regular
Yes its true. The Special Reserve blokes DON'T know how to rate games.
They are worst at rating N64. So lets take some N64 games.

Carmageddon: N64 mag say: Absoulate dog Terd. 8%
Special Reserve say: Carm-and-geddit 90%. Right.
That is bad. Carmageddon is the worst N64 game. Horrible graphics. Awful gameplay. N64 mag got the rating right - Reserve didn't. The best thing to do with Carmageddon (if you actually waste the odd £20 on it which i wouldn't), is to put it in the freezer.......for around -6 Degrees for around 6 hours.

I don't have as much against this rating but anyway.
Mario 64: N64 mag say: A well deserved 96%
The reserve boys' say: 100%
YOU IDIOTS! NO GAME IN GAMING HISTORY CAN POSSIBLY BE PERFECT!!! THINK ABOUT IT!

I like Special Reserve, I buy my games off them. But no offence to you, but your ratings are the worst anywhere in the world. YOU ARE COMPLETE IDIOTS!!!

They do it with their DVD's as well!
Mystery Men, I saw that movie - it was a PG. Yes it had the odd guy who farted in another guys face, but Special Resesve don't have to rate it 15 for crying out loud!!!

All of you have had to have seen the movie Armageddon right?
Its rated 12 isn't it? WELL SPECIAL RESERVE RATE IT A 15!?

THEY DID THE SMAE WITH THE NUTTY PROFESSOR (15), THREE KINGS
(15), MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 1 (15)!? MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 2(18)?!
U-571 (15)?! MEN IN BLACK (15)?!
THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!
Special Reserve are excellent when it gets to Gaming, gadgets - everything.
But they'd be almost perfect if they got they're ratings fixed.
Do what I say, you Special Reserve people.
Sat 12/05/01 at 11:42
Good point Dr. duck but most SR customers know that SR reviews aren't entirely factual (being put politely) tony openly admitted to my question that he/SR use the best magizine review they can find i can think of a few OFFICIAL mags that overate
The only problem with this is that parents buying for birthdays or other do use reviews unfortunately and THATS where the high rating comes in the receiver's hardly going to say its crap are they so its a never ending profit for SR hopefully that might mean 2 gameaday prizes a day or more bonus prises
come on SR don't be sly either parents who don't have a clue or people who know your reviews aren't ENTIRELY factual just review them even Just slightly more factually cause then the parent/aunt/uncle e.t.c. will buy a good AND MORE EXPENSIVE game no prob for you is it then they're hardly going to buy more than one game and people who know the ones now are rubbish might trust you slightly more trust you thus buy more games off you so more profit for you AND MORE GAMEADAY PRIZES for Us unfortunately this is a week end and tony or some other staff member won't read BUT

IF ANY STAFF MEMBER DOES READ PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO SOMEONE WHO MIGHT PUT THIS INFO TO SOME GOOD USE
Come on people be like doctor duck and write Intelligent stuff
Sat 12/05/01 at 05:39
Regular
Tony wrote:
In fact - We are, at the moment, changing our system
> so that we can put just screenshots up on games we have not reviewed
> yet.

Then - We will be trialing us doing just Previews, and
> relying on customer reviews. Allows us to focus on
> Previews.

I think you'd do well to put up screen shots and (p)reviews of games that are very factual, just basically listing what type of game it is, some technical info, style of gameplay, then leave it to the reader reviews to cover quality and stuff. Or maybe start with a factual paragraph at the begining (or after a brief intro) so people can quickly see basically what the game is about, then go into your own opinions later.
Surely it can only be a bad thing if you're manipulating the reviews to pass off crap games to your customers with dodgy reviews, there must have been many a person who lost faith in you after buying a duff game after you promised them more. Or maybe they keep on buying from you for the low prices anyway, and just ignore your reviews. Can't be good for consumer loyalty though?
Fri 11/05/01 at 19:42
Sniper wrote:
> Why are we talking about diseases now?

yeah meeky's got 1 (hes talking through his bum
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:57
Regular
SR want to sell games saying a game is a load of rubbish is going to get a load of sales isn't it.

Duh!
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:52
Regular
Why are we talking about diseases now?
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:34
Meeky wrote:
> Gullable? well I am a bit gullable
Tim's trying to make me believe
> that he knos how to be a regular......but he cant take that hes

Any Phyciatrists out there any1 think this (his over active imagination) along with him being incredibly gullable any known mental diseases? please i know hes got some problem

P.S. Sorry ant i know ur a notable but i was saying to ask you because U nearly always quote messages and if i didn't know better i'd think it was to get your word count up
P.P.S. Tony any rules on this PLEASE HELP remove the option or shorten the "reply coping this message" or Something e.g. only quote the 1st line or something
Sun 06/05/01 at 22:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
timothykelly1989 wrote:
> well sorry S**ts just hes 1 of my friends and most of his names are
> meeky250. But he can't annoy me cause earlier he was asking How do
> u become a regular? (ask ant he'd be an expert) and u gaming master
> more like gaming wannabe master and he didn't annoy me on msn i
> talked loads of S*S**t to him and him being incredibly gullable
> beleived me

Ask me what??

Anyway, I'm not a regular. I'm a Notable. :D

ONLY JOKING EDGY, ONLY JOKING!!! {:)
Sun 06/05/01 at 22:40
Gullable? well I am a bit gullable
Tim's trying to make me believe that he knos how to be a regular......but he cant take that hes still a newbie so cant admit that he doesnt kno how 2 4 once...........
But i can. How do i get up to regualar?
Oh yea about tims super sonics sheild.....well he comes up to ppl and goes "SUPER SONIC POWER"!!!!AND WHEN PPL TRY TO PUNCH HIM (IT HAPPENS ALOT) HE GOES "SUPER SONIC SHIELD" AND CROSSES HIS ARMS!!!!HARLIOUS
Sun 06/05/01 at 22:35
well sorry S**ts just hes 1 of my friends and most of his names are meeky250. But he can't annoy me cause earlier he was asking How do u become a regular? (ask ant he'd be an expert) and u gaming master more like gaming wannabe master and he didn't annoy me on msn i talked loads of S*S**t to him and him being incredibly gullable beleived me
Sun 06/05/01 at 22:30
timothykelly1989 wrote:
> Excuse me Mr. Polite (otherwise known as meeky250) You couldn't
> possibly teach me to be as polite as you please please. I like
> polite people even if i like to consider myself polite, although i
> so tend on being SCARCASTIC just a tich more than i should. Thanks
> mr. Polite i really appreciate it.

Who is Meeky250????
I am Meeky, Gaming Master
Ignore Timothykelly1989 - hes just annoyed coz i slagged him off on MSN about his super sonics shields and stuff......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.